Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF kicks off its 2016-2017 Children’s Series with the beloved fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, select dates June 16 – July 24, 2016.
Adapted by Brandon Roberts (2015’s The Frog and the Princess and 2014’s Rapunzel), the family-friendly production is based on the classic French fairy tale.
Set in an enchanted castle in a far away land, Beauty and the Beast spins a magical tale where a young beauty has been locked away by a terrible beast. The young woman’s honest and enduring love for the unsightly Beast ultimately becomes a gift of kindness that brings magical results.
Beauty and the Beast features Kimmi Johnson as Belle, James Putnam as Beast, Stephen Lima as Papa/Marcel, and Kathryn Miller as Blanche/Mrs. Granville.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Patrick Braillard, Set Designer Kurt Bippert, Costume Designer Mel Barger, Lighting Designer Colleen Doherty, and Sound Designer Britt Sandusky.
Previews are June 16 and 17, with opening day June 18. There will also be a sensory friendly show July 9, and an ASL Interpreted show on July 16. Performances are Tuesday through Friday at 10:30am, with additional 2pm shows on Wednesday and Friday; Saturday and Sunday performances are at 2pm and 4:30pm.
Arrive early (10-15 minutes) to join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family before every performance. Stick around after Saturday performances of Beauty and the Beast for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Tickets are $9 for all 10:30am performances. All other performance times are $18 for adults, and $14 for children. They can be purchased by calling (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, online at orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St.).
[Photo courtesy Orlando Shakespeare Theater; photographer Luke Evans]
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017