Today is the day that Busch Gardens Tampa Bay opens their newest coaster, Cobra’s Curse, to the public.
The steel roller coaster, which is located in the Egypt area of the theme park, reaches a maximum speed of 40 mph and features an 80-foot snake statue. A 70-foot vertical lift takes riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.
During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster vehicles speed along 2,100 feet of serpentine-like track, travelling forward, backward, and then spinning freely. Each vehicle spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
The coaster’s entry queue is air-conditioned, and features an immersive themed experience. It also hosts a state-of-the-art snake exhibit featuring four exotic snake species, including some of the world’s most feared and often misunderstood vipers.
For safety, riders must be 48 inches to ride, or 42 inches with a parent or guardian.
Cobra’s Curse is included with admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. For tickets or more information, visit CobrasCurse.com.
To get you in the mood, here is a teaser video of what to expect on the coaster:
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017