Today is the day that Busch Gardens Tampa Bay opens their newest coaster, Cobra’s Curse, to the public.
The steel roller coaster, which is located in the Egypt area of the theme park, reaches a maximum speed of 40 mph and features an 80-foot snake statue. A 70-foot vertical lift takes riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.
During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster vehicles speed along 2,100 feet of serpentine-like track, travelling forward, backward, and then spinning freely. Each vehicle spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
The coaster’s entry queue is air-conditioned, and features an immersive themed experience. It also hosts a state-of-the-art snake exhibit featuring four exotic snake species, including some of the world’s most feared and often misunderstood vipers.
For safety, riders must be 48 inches to ride, or 42 inches with a parent or guardian.
Cobra’s Curse is included with admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. For tickets or more information, visit CobrasCurse.com.
To get you in the mood, here is a teaser video of what to expect on the coaster:
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017