Today is the day that Busch Gardens Tampa Bay opens their newest coaster, Cobra’s Curse, to the public.
The steel roller coaster, which is located in the Egypt area of the theme park, reaches a maximum speed of 40 mph and features an 80-foot snake statue. A 70-foot vertical lift takes riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.
During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster vehicles speed along 2,100 feet of serpentine-like track, travelling forward, backward, and then spinning freely. Each vehicle spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
The coaster’s entry queue is air-conditioned, and features an immersive themed experience. It also hosts a state-of-the-art snake exhibit featuring four exotic snake species, including some of the world’s most feared and often misunderstood vipers.
For safety, riders must be 48 inches to ride, or 42 inches with a parent or guardian.
Cobra’s Curse is included with admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. For tickets or more information, visit CobrasCurse.com.
To get you in the mood, here is a teaser video of what to expect on the coaster:
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017