Today is the day that Busch Gardens Tampa Bay opens their newest coaster, Cobra’s Curse, to the public.
The steel roller coaster, which is located in the Egypt area of the theme park, reaches a maximum speed of 40 mph and features an 80-foot snake statue. A 70-foot vertical lift takes riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.
During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster vehicles speed along 2,100 feet of serpentine-like track, travelling forward, backward, and then spinning freely. Each vehicle spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
The coaster’s entry queue is air-conditioned, and features an immersive themed experience. It also hosts a state-of-the-art snake exhibit featuring four exotic snake species, including some of the world’s most feared and often misunderstood vipers.
For safety, riders must be 48 inches to ride, or 42 inches with a parent or guardian.
Cobra’s Curse is included with admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. For tickets or more information, visit CobrasCurse.com.
To get you in the mood, here is a teaser video of what to expect on the coaster:
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017
- Theme Park and Attraction Openings After Hurricane Irma *UPDATED Sept 15* - September 11, 2017