Last week, some of Broadway’s biggest stars entered a recording studio to unite their voices to raise money for the victims of the Pulse tragedy in Orlando. Today, Broadway For Orlando has released that single, a recording of Burt Bacharach’s “What the World Needs Now Is Love,” which is produced in conjunction with Playbill.
Made popular by Dionne Warwick in the 60s, this version features vocals from stars like Sara Bareilles, Kristen Bell, Wayne Brady, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Gloria Estefan, Fran Drescher, Whoopi Goldberg, Joel Grey, Sean Hayes, Nathan Lane, Zachary Levi, Idina Menzel, Audra McDonald, Carole King, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mathew Broderick, Rosie O’Donnell, Rosie Perez, Bernadette Peters, Chita Rivera, Marissa Jaret Winokur, BD Wong, and more.
The digital download of the iconic song will be priced at $1.99. It is available for purchase on the label’s website at BroadwayRecords.com right now, and then it will be available on iTunes shortly thereafter.
100% of the proceeds from the sale of the song will benefit the GLBT Community Center of Central Florida.
Here is the official video for “What the World Needs Now Is Love” by Broadway For Orlando:
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017