Last week, some of Broadway’s biggest stars entered a recording studio to unite their voices to raise money for the victims of the Pulse tragedy in Orlando. Today, Broadway For Orlando has released that single, a recording of Burt Bacharach’s “What the World Needs Now Is Love,” which is produced in conjunction with Playbill.
Made popular by Dionne Warwick in the 60s, this version features vocals from stars like Sara Bareilles, Kristen Bell, Wayne Brady, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Gloria Estefan, Fran Drescher, Whoopi Goldberg, Joel Grey, Sean Hayes, Nathan Lane, Zachary Levi, Idina Menzel, Audra McDonald, Carole King, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mathew Broderick, Rosie O’Donnell, Rosie Perez, Bernadette Peters, Chita Rivera, Marissa Jaret Winokur, BD Wong, and more.
The digital download of the iconic song will be priced at $1.99. It is available for purchase on the label’s website at BroadwayRecords.com right now, and then it will be available on iTunes shortly thereafter.
100% of the proceeds from the sale of the song will benefit the GLBT Community Center of Central Florida.
Here is the official video for “What the World Needs Now Is Love” by Broadway For Orlando:
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017