Effective immediately, the stadium formerly known as the Orlando Citrus Bowl, will be known as Camping World Stadium.
This is thanks to a new, long-term exclusive agreement with the brand as the stadium’s new naming rights partner for the next ten years. This will help the stadium operate, as well as attract new events.
Camping World will also be a multi-year series sponsor of early season neutral-site football games debuting this Labor Day which will be named the “Camping World Kickoff.”
Currently, three Camping World Kickoff games are scheduled:
- 2016 – The Florida State Seminoles and Ole Miss Rebels are set to square off at 8pm ET on Monday, September 5, as the day’s only game and will be televised nationally on ESPN.
- 2018 – The game will showcase Alabama Crimson Tide and Louisville Cardinal.
- 2019 – This match-up has just been confirmed between in state rivals, Florida Gators and Miami Hurricanes. Good luck getting a ticket to this once they go on sale!
— ESPN Events (@ESPNEvents) April 26, 2016
“When we first started discussion about the Kickoff series, we told FCSports that their continued pursuit of high caliber teams was key if our name were to be tied to the series,” said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises and host of CNBC’s The Profit. “The Florida and Miami game is another great example of that commitment and we’re thrilled to help ensure that the highest quality match-ups are brought to the Central Florida community.
Camping World Stadium will also host WWE Wrestlemania in 2017.
Founded in 1966, Camping World is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, having grown from a single store in Bowling Green, Kentucky to now 120 SuperCenters nationwide. The RV and outdoor accessory retailer also sponsors the NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series, and the Camping World Independence Bowl.
To learn more about Camping World Stadium or the Camping World Kickoff games, please visit FloridaCitrusSports.com.
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018