This summer, Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College in Winter Park will host a summer exhibition called “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys.”
Inspired in part by the Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art, part of the museum’s permanent collection, the exhibition looks at multiple manifestations of displacement.
Some of the artists in the upcoming exhibition, such as Hugo Crosthwaite and David Taylor, make work that directly addresses the multifaceted and complex border region between the United States and Mexico, while others deal more broadly with issues of displacement.
Special Programs during the run of the exhibition (May 21-Sept 4) include:
- May 20 – Lecture with artist Sandra Ramos (6:30pm)
- May 27 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
- June 15 – Gallery talk with artists Rima Jabbur, Wanda Raimundi-Ortiz, and Leah Sandler (6pm)
- August 26 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
Admission to the museum is free. For more information about “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys,” and the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, visit rollins.edu/cfam.
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Returns Rescued Manatees to Natural Habitat this Week - January 13, 2018