This summer, Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College in Winter Park will host a summer exhibition called “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys.”
Inspired in part by the Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art, part of the museum’s permanent collection, the exhibition looks at multiple manifestations of displacement.
Some of the artists in the upcoming exhibition, such as Hugo Crosthwaite and David Taylor, make work that directly addresses the multifaceted and complex border region between the United States and Mexico, while others deal more broadly with issues of displacement.
Special Programs during the run of the exhibition (May 21-Sept 4) include:
- May 20 – Lecture with artist Sandra Ramos (6:30pm)
- May 27 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
- June 15 – Gallery talk with artists Rima Jabbur, Wanda Raimundi-Ortiz, and Leah Sandler (6pm)
- August 26 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
Admission to the museum is free. For more information about “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys,” and the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, visit rollins.edu/cfam.
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017