This summer, Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College in Winter Park will host a summer exhibition called “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys.”
Inspired in part by the Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art, part of the museum’s permanent collection, the exhibition looks at multiple manifestations of displacement.
Some of the artists in the upcoming exhibition, such as Hugo Crosthwaite and David Taylor, make work that directly addresses the multifaceted and complex border region between the United States and Mexico, while others deal more broadly with issues of displacement.
Special Programs during the run of the exhibition (May 21-Sept 4) include:
- May 20 – Lecture with artist Sandra Ramos (6:30pm)
- May 27 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
- June 15 – Gallery talk with artists Rima Jabbur, Wanda Raimundi-Ortiz, and Leah Sandler (6pm)
- August 26 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
Admission to the museum is free. For more information about “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys,” and the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, visit rollins.edu/cfam.
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017