This summer, Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College in Winter Park will host a summer exhibition called “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys.”
Inspired in part by the Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art, part of the museum’s permanent collection, the exhibition looks at multiple manifestations of displacement.
Some of the artists in the upcoming exhibition, such as Hugo Crosthwaite and David Taylor, make work that directly addresses the multifaceted and complex border region between the United States and Mexico, while others deal more broadly with issues of displacement.
Special Programs during the run of the exhibition (May 21-Sept 4) include:
- May 20 – Lecture with artist Sandra Ramos (6:30pm)
- May 27 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
- June 15 – Gallery talk with artists Rima Jabbur, Wanda Raimundi-Ortiz, and Leah Sandler (6pm)
- August 26 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
Admission to the museum is free. For more information about “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys,” and the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, visit rollins.edu/cfam.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017