This summer, Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College in Winter Park will host a summer exhibition called “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys.”
Inspired in part by the Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art, part of the museum’s permanent collection, the exhibition looks at multiple manifestations of displacement.
Some of the artists in the upcoming exhibition, such as Hugo Crosthwaite and David Taylor, make work that directly addresses the multifaceted and complex border region between the United States and Mexico, while others deal more broadly with issues of displacement.
Special Programs during the run of the exhibition (May 21-Sept 4) include:
- May 20 – Lecture with artist Sandra Ramos (6:30pm)
- May 27 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
- June 15 – Gallery talk with artists Rima Jabbur, Wanda Raimundi-Ortiz, and Leah Sandler (6pm)
- August 26 – Tour with curator Amy Galpin (11am)
Admission to the museum is free. For more information about “Displacement: Symbols and Journeys,” and the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, visit rollins.edu/cfam.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017