Today Walt Disney World announced they were delaying the opening of Rivers of Light, the new nighttime show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
The company had planned to open it April 22, but have now pushed the date back to a tentative mid-to-late May.
Rivers of Light features water, mist screens, floating lanterns, lights, fog, projection mapping and live performers, as well as incorporating the Tree of Life. It will be located in the park’s Discovery River lagoon between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest. The show will seat only 5,000 guests – by comparison Fantasmic’s theater holds 6,900.
The photo above was shot during a rehersal, and is courtesy of Disney Parks.
Also delayed was another component of the new nightly experience at the park: the Nighttime Magic at the Tree of Life. During this show, swirling animated imagery that tells enchanting stories from nature is projected onto the Tree, similar to the projections on Cinderella’s Castle during “Wishes.”
Here’s a sneak peek of it, also courtesy of Disney Parks:
I know I’m really excited to see both of these shows, but I’d rather Disney fine tune the show before releasing it to the public. What do you think? Are you ok with the delay, or do you think they should just open and then deal with any issues that arise? Let us know in comments.
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017