Today Walt Disney World announced they were delaying the opening of Rivers of Light, the new nighttime show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
The company had planned to open it April 22, but have now pushed the date back to a tentative mid-to-late May.
Rivers of Light features water, mist screens, floating lanterns, lights, fog, projection mapping and live performers, as well as incorporating the Tree of Life. It will be located in the park’s Discovery River lagoon between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest. The show will seat only 5,000 guests – by comparison Fantasmic’s theater holds 6,900.
The photo above was shot during a rehersal, and is courtesy of Disney Parks.
Also delayed was another component of the new nightly experience at the park: the Nighttime Magic at the Tree of Life. During this show, swirling animated imagery that tells enchanting stories from nature is projected onto the Tree, similar to the projections on Cinderella’s Castle during “Wishes.”
Here’s a sneak peek of it, also courtesy of Disney Parks:
I know I’m really excited to see both of these shows, but I’d rather Disney fine tune the show before releasing it to the public. What do you think? Are you ok with the delay, or do you think they should just open and then deal with any issues that arise? Let us know in comments.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017