Looking for something fun to do with the family this weekend? The Orlando Science Center is having a Party for the Planet to celebrate Earth Day on Saturday, April 23.
From 10am to 3pm, visitors can enjoy live animal interactions and feedings in NatureWorks, get crafty with some upcycling activities, and see giant-screen film National Parks Adventure.
They can also learn more about conservation, green and sustainable programming from more than 15 local vendors that will be present with themed exhibits and information about topics like beach cleanup, recycling, water conservation, birds of prey, honey bees, shark and bat conservation, invasive species, the environment and more.
Then on April 24, the Orlando Science Center will host Sensory Sunday from 9am to 11am, which will give visitors a chance to visit select exhibit halls at quieter volume settings with more light.
Sensory Sundays offer families with children who have sensory processing differences the opportunity to explore the Science Center and help prepare their children for future visits that may be busier and louder.
Visitors will also be able to enjoy a movie with softer volume and more ambient light in the theater, and the Orlando Science Center also offers noise-reducing headphones at the admissions desk on Level 2.
And while you’re there check out The Wizard of Oz and Hand-On Harley Davidson traveling exhibits, which will be leaving Orlando on May 1.
All of this is included with admission to the Orlando Science Center, which is $19.95 for adults, $17.95 for students and seniors, and $13.95 for youth (ages 3 – 11). Tickets include access to all four floors of exhibits, giant screen and 3-D educational films, one Hollywood feature-length film, and live programming.
For more information, visit osc.org. And don’t forget we’re giving away 4 tickets to the Orlando Science Center through midnight tonight, so go enter for your chance to win!
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018