Earlier this month, I had the chance to visit Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza in Hunter’s Creek, which was hosting the Peter Alden CD release party. I decided it was the perfect time to try out their food, too.
I started with their Pepperoni Bread appetizer. They take pizza dough, fill it with pepperoni and mozzarella, and roll it up breadstick style. You get three with marinara sauce for $5.25. They were so good! Like mini-pizzas you can dip. I would definitely get this again.
Then, I ordered a pizza, as that’s what their primary dish is. Since I was dining solo, I decided to forgo the pre-made combo pizzas in favor of the build-your-own pizza, because then I could order an 8″ pizza (combos come in 12″ or 16″ only).
I ordered my “Bambino”-size pizza ($8 plus $1 for each topping) with pepperoni and jalapeno peppers, and it came with plenty of toppings. The crust had a slight char from the brick oven, but it wasn’t overdone. It had a good combo of toppings to cheese to crust, so I’d have to give a thumbs up to the pizza.
As I was finishing my meal, I ordered a Meat Calzone ($8.50) to take home for my roommate. It came filled with Italian sausage, pepperoni, ricotta & mozzarella cheeses, and she enjoyed it except for the fact that all the toppings were bunched in the middle, so the ends of calzone were all dough. But it’s a minor thing.
The menu, which can be found online, also offers salads, sandwiches, and desserts. They have a liquor license, so beer and wine are available, too.
Over all I enjoyed the food and the service was really good, too. I should note I first visited them shortly after opening but decided not to review them since they were having the growing pains that most new restaurants have. I’m happy to say this visit was markedly better, and I would eat here again.
Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza is located at 13586 Village Park Drive (behind Miller’s Ale House) in Hunter’s Creek. It’s a family affair and you will generally see one of the brothers in the kitchen – usually Brian, but occasionally Billy when he’s not on an acting job or comedy gig.
You can find more information, including a full menu, online at gardellbrospizza.com.
Disclaimer: I paid for my food. My opinion is my own and as always, honest.
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017