This month, The Rusty Spoon will celebrating its 5 year anniversary all April long with a series of chef-driven events.
Three-time James Beard Award nominated chef Kathleen Blake will hold these events with some of her friends and past collaborators within the industry including Melissa Kelly, Kevin Fonzo, Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury.
First up is the 5 & 15 Anniversary Mash-up on Saturday, April 2. Chef Blake will pair with Chef Fonzo on a family-style dinner to celebrate both The Rusty Spoon’s five-year anniversary and Fonzo’s K Restaurant’s fifteen-year anniversary.
The menu will be four courses featuring the farmer that introduced them to each other, Jim Wood of Palmetto Creek Farm, and lots of pork. Cost is $55, including two wine pairings.
Later in the month, on April 21, artisan butchers Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury of Cleveland-based Saucisson will collaborate with Chef Blake for a nose-to-tail dinner. Barend and Khoury worked with Chef Blake during her time at Primo and Penny was instrumental in opening The Rusty Spoon as Chef de Cuisine.
The next evening, April 22, Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo will join Chef Blake for a very special Earth Day dinner. The collaborative dinner celebrates not only the bounty of Central Florida, the farmers, the artisans, family and friends but also their 20 plus year friendship.
I haven’t been given costs for the last two dinners, but you can get more information and make reservations for any of these dinners by calling 407.401.8811.
Congratulations to Chef Blake on the 5th anniversary of The Rusty Spoon!
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017