This month, The Rusty Spoon will celebrating its 5 year anniversary all April long with a series of chef-driven events.
Three-time James Beard Award nominated chef Kathleen Blake will hold these events with some of her friends and past collaborators within the industry including Melissa Kelly, Kevin Fonzo, Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury.
First up is the 5 & 15 Anniversary Mash-up on Saturday, April 2. Chef Blake will pair with Chef Fonzo on a family-style dinner to celebrate both The Rusty Spoon’s five-year anniversary and Fonzo’s K Restaurant’s fifteen-year anniversary.
The menu will be four courses featuring the farmer that introduced them to each other, Jim Wood of Palmetto Creek Farm, and lots of pork. Cost is $55, including two wine pairings.
Later in the month, on April 21, artisan butchers Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury of Cleveland-based Saucisson will collaborate with Chef Blake for a nose-to-tail dinner. Barend and Khoury worked with Chef Blake during her time at Primo and Penny was instrumental in opening The Rusty Spoon as Chef de Cuisine.
The next evening, April 22, Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo will join Chef Blake for a very special Earth Day dinner. The collaborative dinner celebrates not only the bounty of Central Florida, the farmers, the artisans, family and friends but also their 20 plus year friendship.
I haven’t been given costs for the last two dinners, but you can get more information and make reservations for any of these dinners by calling 407.401.8811.
Congratulations to Chef Blake on the 5th anniversary of The Rusty Spoon!
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando to Open Infinity Falls in Summer 2018 - April 14, 2017
- Out and About: Disney Princesses Dish it Out During Disenchanted! at Plaza Live! Orlando - April 13, 2017