This month, The Rusty Spoon will celebrating its 5 year anniversary all April long with a series of chef-driven events.
Three-time James Beard Award nominated chef Kathleen Blake will hold these events with some of her friends and past collaborators within the industry including Melissa Kelly, Kevin Fonzo, Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury.
First up is the 5 & 15 Anniversary Mash-up on Saturday, April 2. Chef Blake will pair with Chef Fonzo on a family-style dinner to celebrate both The Rusty Spoon’s five-year anniversary and Fonzo’s K Restaurant’s fifteen-year anniversary.
The menu will be four courses featuring the farmer that introduced them to each other, Jim Wood of Palmetto Creek Farm, and lots of pork. Cost is $55, including two wine pairings.
Later in the month, on April 21, artisan butchers Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury of Cleveland-based Saucisson will collaborate with Chef Blake for a nose-to-tail dinner. Barend and Khoury worked with Chef Blake during her time at Primo and Penny was instrumental in opening The Rusty Spoon as Chef de Cuisine.
The next evening, April 22, Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo will join Chef Blake for a very special Earth Day dinner. The collaborative dinner celebrates not only the bounty of Central Florida, the farmers, the artisans, family and friends but also their 20 plus year friendship.
I haven’t been given costs for the last two dinners, but you can get more information and make reservations for any of these dinners by calling 407.401.8811.
Congratulations to Chef Blake on the 5th anniversary of The Rusty Spoon!
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017