Last night the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Florida Theatrical Association and Broadway Across America announced the roster of shows for the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2016/2017 season.
In addition to the previously announced three-week engagement of the blockbuster Wicked, the line-up includes seven other acclaimed and award-winning productions and musicals.
Here is the complete roster of 2016/2017 shows coming to the Dr. Phillips Center:
October 4 – 9, 2016
This production is a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth. This non-stop show is packed with thrilling and sophisticated magic of unprecedented proportions.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
November 1 – 6, 2016
Winner of the 2015 Tony Award for Best New Play, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is an adaptation by Tony and Olivier Award winner Simon Stephens that brings Mark Haddon’s internationally best-selling novel to thrilling life.
An American in Paris
December 13 – 18, 2016
Nominated for 12 Tonys, this is the romantic story of a young American soldier, a beautiful French girl and an indomitable European city, each yearning for a new beginning in the aftermath of war, is the stuff of Broadway dreams.
January 11 – 29, 2017
Wicked is the untold story of the Witches of Oz, and is considered one of the best musicals of all-time. It is almost always sold out no matter where it plays.
A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder
February 7 – 12, 2017
Getting away with murder can be so much fun… and there’s no better proof than the knock-‘em-dead hit show that’s earned unanimous raves and won the 2014 Tony Award for Best Musical.
The Little Mermaid
March 7 – 12, 2017
The Little Mermaid is a stage musical produced by Disney Theatrical, based on the animated 1989 Disney film of the same name and the classic story of The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen.
Matilda The Musical
May 9 – 14, 2017
Based on the beloved novel by Roald Dahl, Matilda is the Tony Award-winning story of an extraordinary girl who, armed with a vivid imagination and a sharp mind, dares to take a stand and change her own destiny.
June 6 – 11, 2017
Based on the Academy Award-winning film of the same name, Finding Neverland is a musical that tells the fascinating story of how Peter became Pan.
Current subscribers can renew their seats now through April 4 for the upcoming season. New subscription packages are also available. To renew or purchase a subscription, please visit OrlandoBroadway.com, or call the season subscriber hotline at 800.448.6322 (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm). Subscriptions are also available in person at the Florida Theatrical Association Box Office, located at 100 S. Eola Drive, Suite 101 in downtown Orlando (Monday-Friday 10am – 5pm). Prices for a seven-show subscription start at $240. Prices vary based on seating location.
FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando season subscribers will have first access to tickets to WICKED. This much-anticipated return of “Broadway’s Biggest Blockbuster” is a Season Option and will not be included in the standard FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2016/2017 subscription package.
FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando season subscribers enjoy a number of exclusive benefits, including:
- Access to the best seats in the best locations for all seven shows before the general public
- The opportunity to purchase additional tickets for friends and family before they go on sale to the general public
- Ticket exchange privileges and free lost ticket replacement
Tickets for individual shows in the 2016/2017 season will be made available at a later date.
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017