Tijuana Flats has launched a new campaign promising to “Give You the Bird” with their new turkey offerings, and last week we attended a blogger event to sample the bird.
After a welcome basket of chips accompanied by a trio of salsa, queso, and guacamole, we were offered a sample of their tostada with the new turkey. It was very tasty, seasoned similar to their ground beef offerings, but a bit softer in texture – not as crumbly as the beef.
We then tasted the ground turkey in the Norrito Bowl, which is basically a burrito without the tortilla wrap, so it’s lower in calories and carbs. I really liked it as a norito, and thought it would even make a nice dip with tortilla chips (ok, so that brings the calories back up, but I like my chips).
We also tries a few other customer favorites like the chicken flautas, beef and fish soft shell tacos, and the dessert offering of cookie-dough flautas with chocolate dipping sauce. It was all delicious…but then I’ve never tasted anything at Tijuana Flats I’ve hated.
As we ate, we were informed that the ground turkey meat was a healthier, lower calorie, leaner meat option that was available through the end of February at all of its locations. It may be added permanently to the menu in the future, if they get a good enough response from the customers.
So go in and let them give you the bird by asking for the ground turkey instead of your normal meat protein. For more information, visit tijuanaflats.com.
[Disclaimer: I was an invited guest to this blogger tasting of the new ground turkey options. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.]
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ From Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dec 4, 2017 - December 4, 2017
- Book of Mormon Returns to Dr Phillips Center Dec 12-17, 2017 - December 3, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Hosts An Evening with Anna Deavere Smith Dec 10, 2017 - December 2, 2017