Tijuana Flats has launched a new campaign promising to “Give You the Bird” with their new turkey offerings, and last week we attended a blogger event to sample the bird.
After a welcome basket of chips accompanied by a trio of salsa, queso, and guacamole, we were offered a sample of their tostada with the new turkey. It was very tasty, seasoned similar to their ground beef offerings, but a bit softer in texture – not as crumbly as the beef.
We then tasted the ground turkey in the Norrito Bowl, which is basically a burrito without the tortilla wrap, so it’s lower in calories and carbs. I really liked it as a norito, and thought it would even make a nice dip with tortilla chips (ok, so that brings the calories back up, but I like my chips).
We also tries a few other customer favorites like the chicken flautas, beef and fish soft shell tacos, and the dessert offering of cookie-dough flautas with chocolate dipping sauce. It was all delicious…but then I’ve never tasted anything at Tijuana Flats I’ve hated.
As we ate, we were informed that the ground turkey meat was a healthier, lower calorie, leaner meat option that was available through the end of February at all of its locations. It may be added permanently to the menu in the future, if they get a good enough response from the customers.
So go in and let them give you the bird by asking for the ground turkey instead of your normal meat protein. For more information, visit tijuanaflats.com.
[Disclaimer: I was an invited guest to this blogger tasting of the new ground turkey options. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.]
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017