Tijuana Flats has launched a new campaign promising to “Give You the Bird” with their new turkey offerings, and last week we attended a blogger event to sample the bird.
After a welcome basket of chips accompanied by a trio of salsa, queso, and guacamole, we were offered a sample of their tostada with the new turkey. It was very tasty, seasoned similar to their ground beef offerings, but a bit softer in texture – not as crumbly as the beef.
We then tasted the ground turkey in the Norrito Bowl, which is basically a burrito without the tortilla wrap, so it’s lower in calories and carbs. I really liked it as a norito, and thought it would even make a nice dip with tortilla chips (ok, so that brings the calories back up, but I like my chips).
We also tries a few other customer favorites like the chicken flautas, beef and fish soft shell tacos, and the dessert offering of cookie-dough flautas with chocolate dipping sauce. It was all delicious…but then I’ve never tasted anything at Tijuana Flats I’ve hated.
As we ate, we were informed that the ground turkey meat was a healthier, lower calorie, leaner meat option that was available through the end of February at all of its locations. It may be added permanently to the menu in the future, if they get a good enough response from the customers.
So go in and let them give you the bird by asking for the ground turkey instead of your normal meat protein. For more information, visit tijuanaflats.com.
[Disclaimer: I was an invited guest to this blogger tasting of the new ground turkey options. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.]
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes to Perform Benefit Show at Hard Rock Live Orlando - October 9, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Announces Titles for PlayFest 2017 - October 5, 2017
- Win Tickets to The Americas Cake Fair Oct 13-15, 2017! - October 4, 2017