Tijuana Flats has launched a new campaign promising to “Give You the Bird” with their new turkey offerings, and last week we attended a blogger event to sample the bird.
After a welcome basket of chips accompanied by a trio of salsa, queso, and guacamole, we were offered a sample of their tostada with the new turkey. It was very tasty, seasoned similar to their ground beef offerings, but a bit softer in texture – not as crumbly as the beef.
We then tasted the ground turkey in the Norrito Bowl, which is basically a burrito without the tortilla wrap, so it’s lower in calories and carbs. I really liked it as a norito, and thought it would even make a nice dip with tortilla chips (ok, so that brings the calories back up, but I like my chips).
We also tries a few other customer favorites like the chicken flautas, beef and fish soft shell tacos, and the dessert offering of cookie-dough flautas with chocolate dipping sauce. It was all delicious…but then I’ve never tasted anything at Tijuana Flats I’ve hated.
As we ate, we were informed that the ground turkey meat was a healthier, lower calorie, leaner meat option that was available through the end of February at all of its locations. It may be added permanently to the menu in the future, if they get a good enough response from the customers.
So go in and let them give you the bird by asking for the ground turkey instead of your normal meat protein. For more information, visit tijuanaflats.com.
[Disclaimer: I was an invited guest to this blogger tasting of the new ground turkey options. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.]
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017