Orlando City SC has announced a multi-year local broadcast partnership with Orlando’s WRDQ TV 27, part of the Cox Media Group Orlando TV group.
Under the deal, the station will become the exclusive English-language broadcast home of Orlando City, and will gain the rights to telecast all of the Lions’ non-nationally televised Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season and playoff matches.
These match broadcasts will be expanded to feature new 30 minute pregame and postgame shows, designed to provide further insight and analysis into the Lions’ performance each and every game.
The station will also debut a dedicated weekly Orlando City show, giving fans an inside look into their favorite Club, with player features and behind-the-scenes access.
This exclusive access will carry across to Eyewitness News on WRDQ TV 27 and sister station, WFTV Channel 9, in the form of special Orlando City segments, highlights, and interviews. WFTV is one of the highest rated ABC affiliates in the United States.
WRDQ TV 27 will begin its broadcast season with the Lions’ MLS home opener against Real Salt Lake at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on Sunday, March 6, 2016. Additional information on broadcast schedules, on-air talent and the weekly show will be released before the start of the MLS season.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017