Orlando City SC has announced a multi-year local broadcast partnership with Orlando’s WRDQ TV 27, part of the Cox Media Group Orlando TV group.
Under the deal, the station will become the exclusive English-language broadcast home of Orlando City, and will gain the rights to telecast all of the Lions’ non-nationally televised Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season and playoff matches.
These match broadcasts will be expanded to feature new 30 minute pregame and postgame shows, designed to provide further insight and analysis into the Lions’ performance each and every game.
The station will also debut a dedicated weekly Orlando City show, giving fans an inside look into their favorite Club, with player features and behind-the-scenes access.
This exclusive access will carry across to Eyewitness News on WRDQ TV 27 and sister station, WFTV Channel 9, in the form of special Orlando City segments, highlights, and interviews. WFTV is one of the highest rated ABC affiliates in the United States.
WRDQ TV 27 will begin its broadcast season with the Lions’ MLS home opener against Real Salt Lake at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on Sunday, March 6, 2016. Additional information on broadcast schedules, on-air talent and the weekly show will be released before the start of the MLS season.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com.
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017
- Out and About: Main Event at Pointe Orlando Offers Great Fun and Food for Everyone - March 10, 2017
- Universal Orlando Reveals Story Behind New Volcano Bay Waterpark - March 9, 2017