Orlando City SC has announced a multi-year local broadcast partnership with Orlando’s WRDQ TV 27, part of the Cox Media Group Orlando TV group.
Under the deal, the station will become the exclusive English-language broadcast home of Orlando City, and will gain the rights to telecast all of the Lions’ non-nationally televised Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season and playoff matches.
These match broadcasts will be expanded to feature new 30 minute pregame and postgame shows, designed to provide further insight and analysis into the Lions’ performance each and every game.
The station will also debut a dedicated weekly Orlando City show, giving fans an inside look into their favorite Club, with player features and behind-the-scenes access.
This exclusive access will carry across to Eyewitness News on WRDQ TV 27 and sister station, WFTV Channel 9, in the form of special Orlando City segments, highlights, and interviews. WFTV is one of the highest rated ABC affiliates in the United States.
WRDQ TV 27 will begin its broadcast season with the Lions’ MLS home opener against Real Salt Lake at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on Sunday, March 6, 2016. Additional information on broadcast schedules, on-air talent and the weekly show will be released before the start of the MLS season.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017