Legendary musician Barry Manilow has extended his “One Last Time” Tour, and will be playing Central Florida for shows in Orlando and Tampa in February.
His career first took off when Bette Midler hired him to assist her with her first two albums, and the subsequent The Divine Miss M tour. He worked with her as pianist and musical director from 1971 to 1975.
He hit it big as a solo artist when his single, “Mandy,” topped the charts in 1975. That was followed by many more chart-topping singles, including “I Write the Songs,” “Looks Like We Made It,” “Can’t Smile Without You,” and “Copacabana (At the Copa).”
He has gone on to become a Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning musician, receiving a Grammy nomination in every decade since the 70s. His latest is for his 2015 album, My Dream Duets. With worldwide record sales exceeding 80 million, Barry Manilow is ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time with over 50 Top 40 hits.
I saw Manilow during one of his Vegas residencies (which ran from 2005 to 2011), and he puts on an amazing show of hits you know and love.
You can experience it for yourself when his tour comes through Central Florida next month, and in a nod to the year he first broke big, tickets at each concert will start at only $19.75.
Opening for Manilow on all dates is jazz legend Dave Koz.
The first stop is at the Amway Center in Orlando on Tuesday, February 2. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amwaycenter.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
He then heads to Tampa, for a show at Amalie Arena on Thursday, February 4. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amaliearena.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
For more information on the tour, or Manilow himself, visit barrymanilow.com.
To get you in the mood, here is the TV ad for the tour:
And the song that started it all, “Mandy”:
[Disclaimer: This story contains an affiliate link. It adds nothing to your purchase, but helps me run this site. Thanks!]
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017