Legendary musician Barry Manilow has extended his “One Last Time” Tour, and will be playing Central Florida for shows in Orlando and Tampa in February.
His career first took off when Bette Midler hired him to assist her with her first two albums, and the subsequent The Divine Miss M tour. He worked with her as pianist and musical director from 1971 to 1975.
He hit it big as a solo artist when his single, “Mandy,” topped the charts in 1975. That was followed by many more chart-topping singles, including “I Write the Songs,” “Looks Like We Made It,” “Can’t Smile Without You,” and “Copacabana (At the Copa).”
He has gone on to become a Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning musician, receiving a Grammy nomination in every decade since the 70s. His latest is for his 2015 album, My Dream Duets. With worldwide record sales exceeding 80 million, Barry Manilow is ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time with over 50 Top 40 hits.
I saw Manilow during one of his Vegas residencies (which ran from 2005 to 2011), and he puts on an amazing show of hits you know and love.
You can experience it for yourself when his tour comes through Central Florida next month, and in a nod to the year he first broke big, tickets at each concert will start at only $19.75.
Opening for Manilow on all dates is jazz legend Dave Koz.
The first stop is at the Amway Center in Orlando on Tuesday, February 2. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amwaycenter.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
He then heads to Tampa, for a show at Amalie Arena on Thursday, February 4. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amaliearena.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
For more information on the tour, or Manilow himself, visit barrymanilow.com.
To get you in the mood, here is the TV ad for the tour:
And the song that started it all, “Mandy”:
[Disclaimer: This story contains an affiliate link. It adds nothing to your purchase, but helps me run this site. Thanks!]
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando to Open Infinity Falls in Summer 2018 - April 14, 2017