Legendary musician Barry Manilow has extended his “One Last Time” Tour, and will be playing Central Florida for shows in Orlando and Tampa in February.
His career first took off when Bette Midler hired him to assist her with her first two albums, and the subsequent The Divine Miss M tour. He worked with her as pianist and musical director from 1971 to 1975.
He hit it big as a solo artist when his single, “Mandy,” topped the charts in 1975. That was followed by many more chart-topping singles, including “I Write the Songs,” “Looks Like We Made It,” “Can’t Smile Without You,” and “Copacabana (At the Copa).”
He has gone on to become a Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning musician, receiving a Grammy nomination in every decade since the 70s. His latest is for his 2015 album, My Dream Duets. With worldwide record sales exceeding 80 million, Barry Manilow is ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time with over 50 Top 40 hits.
I saw Manilow during one of his Vegas residencies (which ran from 2005 to 2011), and he puts on an amazing show of hits you know and love.
You can experience it for yourself when his tour comes through Central Florida next month, and in a nod to the year he first broke big, tickets at each concert will start at only $19.75.
Opening for Manilow on all dates is jazz legend Dave Koz.
The first stop is at the Amway Center in Orlando on Tuesday, February 2. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amwaycenter.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
He then heads to Tampa, for a show at Amalie Arena on Thursday, February 4. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amaliearena.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
For more information on the tour, or Manilow himself, visit barrymanilow.com.
To get you in the mood, here is the TV ad for the tour:
And the song that started it all, “Mandy”:
[Disclaimer: This story contains an affiliate link. It adds nothing to your purchase, but helps me run this site. Thanks!]
- ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ Returns to Universal Orlando January 26-28, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018