Legendary musician Barry Manilow has extended his “One Last Time” Tour, and will be playing Central Florida for shows in Orlando and Tampa in February.
His career first took off when Bette Midler hired him to assist her with her first two albums, and the subsequent The Divine Miss M tour. He worked with her as pianist and musical director from 1971 to 1975.
He hit it big as a solo artist when his single, “Mandy,” topped the charts in 1975. That was followed by many more chart-topping singles, including “I Write the Songs,” “Looks Like We Made It,” “Can’t Smile Without You,” and “Copacabana (At the Copa).”
He has gone on to become a Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning musician, receiving a Grammy nomination in every decade since the 70s. His latest is for his 2015 album, My Dream Duets. With worldwide record sales exceeding 80 million, Barry Manilow is ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time with over 50 Top 40 hits.
I saw Manilow during one of his Vegas residencies (which ran from 2005 to 2011), and he puts on an amazing show of hits you know and love.
You can experience it for yourself when his tour comes through Central Florida next month, and in a nod to the year he first broke big, tickets at each concert will start at only $19.75.
Opening for Manilow on all dates is jazz legend Dave Koz.
The first stop is at the Amway Center in Orlando on Tuesday, February 2. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amwaycenter.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
He then heads to Tampa, for a show at Amalie Arena on Thursday, February 4. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amaliearena.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
For more information on the tour, or Manilow himself, visit barrymanilow.com.
To get you in the mood, here is the TV ad for the tour:
And the song that started it all, “Mandy”:
[Disclaimer: This story contains an affiliate link. It adds nothing to your purchase, but helps me run this site. Thanks!]
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017