Legendary musician Barry Manilow has extended his “One Last Time” Tour, and will be playing Central Florida for shows in Orlando and Tampa in February.
His career first took off when Bette Midler hired him to assist her with her first two albums, and the subsequent The Divine Miss M tour. He worked with her as pianist and musical director from 1971 to 1975.
He hit it big as a solo artist when his single, “Mandy,” topped the charts in 1975. That was followed by many more chart-topping singles, including “I Write the Songs,” “Looks Like We Made It,” “Can’t Smile Without You,” and “Copacabana (At the Copa).”
He has gone on to become a Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning musician, receiving a Grammy nomination in every decade since the 70s. His latest is for his 2015 album, My Dream Duets. With worldwide record sales exceeding 80 million, Barry Manilow is ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time with over 50 Top 40 hits.
I saw Manilow during one of his Vegas residencies (which ran from 2005 to 2011), and he puts on an amazing show of hits you know and love.
You can experience it for yourself when his tour comes through Central Florida next month, and in a nod to the year he first broke big, tickets at each concert will start at only $19.75.
Opening for Manilow on all dates is jazz legend Dave Koz.
The first stop is at the Amway Center in Orlando on Tuesday, February 2. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amwaycenter.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
He then heads to Tampa, for a show at Amalie Arena on Thursday, February 4. Tickets range from $19.75 to $149.75, and are available at amaliearena.com, Ticketmaster, and at the box office.
For more information on the tour, or Manilow himself, visit barrymanilow.com.
To get you in the mood, here is the TV ad for the tour:
And the song that started it all, “Mandy”:
[Disclaimer: This story contains an affiliate link. It adds nothing to your purchase, but helps me run this site. Thanks!]
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017