For the second consecutive year, Cask & Larder and the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park will collaborate on a limited edition beer release to commemorate famed 18th century German composer Johann Sebastian Bach, a noted beer lover.
The 2016 Branderburger Bock, brewed by Cask & Larder head brewer Larry Foor, will be produced in a style that mimics the methods of brewing in Germany during the 18th century, when Bach enjoyed his brews.
The collaboration between Cask & Larder and The Bach Festival Society came to be after the Bach Festival Society’s Betsy Gwinn and Alex Tiedtke discovered a 300-year old letter Johann Sebastian Bach wrote to a friend proclaiming his love for a barrel of beer he had received as a gift. Gwinn and Tiedtke approached Cask & Larder’s Foor about brewing a beer in a style similar to the one Bach wrote about, to celebrate the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park’s 80th anniversary.
The release of the 2016 brew will be on Feb. 13, from 11am to 4pm, at Cask & Larder, and the party will also feature a special German food menu to pair with the beer. The limited edition beer will be available on tap until it runs out, and also will be sold in 32-ounce to-go crowlers for $7 per can at both Cask & Larder and neighboring Swine & Sons. Cask & Larder will donate $1 from each Brandenburger Bock sold to the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park.
Foor has also invited several other local breweries, including Redlight Redlight, ten10, Central 28, Crooked Can and Red Cypress to pay homage to Bach. Each brewery will showcase its own German-style beer during the event.
The beer release also falls during the 81st Annual Winter Park Bach Festival, which runs from Feb. 12-28, 2016.
For more information visit: CaskandLarder.com.
To view the complete 2015 Bach Festival Society of Winter Park event schedule visit: BachFestivalFlorida.org.
[photo courtesy Cask & Larder]
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes to Perform Benefit Show at Hard Rock Live Orlando - October 9, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Announces Titles for PlayFest 2017 - October 5, 2017