For the second consecutive year, Cask & Larder and the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park will collaborate on a limited edition beer release to commemorate famed 18th century German composer Johann Sebastian Bach, a noted beer lover.
The 2016 Branderburger Bock, brewed by Cask & Larder head brewer Larry Foor, will be produced in a style that mimics the methods of brewing in Germany during the 18th century, when Bach enjoyed his brews.
The collaboration between Cask & Larder and The Bach Festival Society came to be after the Bach Festival Society’s Betsy Gwinn and Alex Tiedtke discovered a 300-year old letter Johann Sebastian Bach wrote to a friend proclaiming his love for a barrel of beer he had received as a gift. Gwinn and Tiedtke approached Cask & Larder’s Foor about brewing a beer in a style similar to the one Bach wrote about, to celebrate the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park’s 80th anniversary.
The release of the 2016 brew will be on Feb. 13, from 11am to 4pm, at Cask & Larder, and the party will also feature a special German food menu to pair with the beer. The limited edition beer will be available on tap until it runs out, and also will be sold in 32-ounce to-go crowlers for $7 per can at both Cask & Larder and neighboring Swine & Sons. Cask & Larder will donate $1 from each Brandenburger Bock sold to the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park.
Foor has also invited several other local breweries, including Redlight Redlight, ten10, Central 28, Crooked Can and Red Cypress to pay homage to Bach. Each brewery will showcase its own German-style beer during the event.
The beer release also falls during the 81st Annual Winter Park Bach Festival, which runs from Feb. 12-28, 2016.
For more information visit: CaskandLarder.com.
To view the complete 2015 Bach Festival Society of Winter Park event schedule visit: BachFestivalFlorida.org.
[photo courtesy Cask & Larder]
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017