On a recent Wednesday night, I joined my fellow Central Florida Lady Bloggers group for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Grand Café, in the upstairs room.
I’d been enjoying the restaurant’s food since it first opened, but this way my first time upstairs, where the menu tends to be a bit more upscale.
We all noshed on the restaurant’s signature Chinois Salad, which featured large pieces of sliced chicken on a bed of cabbage, romaine, and baby greens, topped with cashews, crispy wontons, and a ginger-sesame vinaigrette that brought it all together.
The stand-out seafood dish was the miso-glazed salmon, lightly pan-seared, on a crispy orange rice patty with sesame miso aioli and pickled cucumbers. The combination was a delight on the taste buds, and elevated the dish above the typical salmon on a cedar plank.
There were also stations featuring a variety of sushi, as well as sauteed sea scallops on a bed of spring pea puree, which the bloggers enjoyed.
As we dined, we enjoyed glasses of Wolfgang Puck chardonnay, and I was surprised to find purchases of the “house” wines included a donation to The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health in honor of Puck’s mother. A nice touch to a delicious wine.
We were also treated to three of Chef Robert’s wood-fired pizzas: Barbecued Chicken, Margherita, and a Fennel Sausage with dollops of herbed ricotta that was my favorite of the three.
For dessert we had sample-sized portions of three offerings that ended the meal just right. The Five Layer Chocolate Cake was a hit with the chocoholics, while the carrot cake with cream cheese icing was sweet but not too sweet. The big favorite was the key lime pie tart, with a delicious almost marshmallow-like meringue.
The upstairs dining room is also a little more intimate and elegant than the downstairs cafe, and several tables have wonderful views of lake. I would definitely recommend the upstairs for a special occasion dinner or a romantic meal.
Wolfgang Puck Grand Café is located at Disney Springs in the Westside. The free parking garage is now open and provides easy access to the restaurant. For more information, visit wolfgangpuckcafeorlando.com
Disclaimer: I was a guest of Wolfgang Puck Grand Café and the Central Florida Lady Bloggers group. As always, my opinions are my own and are honest.
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017