Fulton’s Crab House is a favorite among diners headed to Disney Springs for dinner, but did you know they also have a wonderful lunch menu?
Carol and I were recently invited to try out Fulton’s for lunch, and we showed up as they were opening, at 11:30am. We were shown to a table on the second floor with a wonderful view of the lake and The Landing. We were also the only ones in there at first.
Where the dinner menu has hearty fare like steaks, lobster, and more, the lunch menu has a lighter touch, featuring sandwiches, salads, and even burgers.
We started with an appetizer of Lobster Corn Dogs, featuring six lobster tails skewered and dipped in a cornmeal batter, then fried. It was served with two dips – a sweet chili aioli and a salsa verde sauce. Carol loved them and said her kids would, too, since they were a fun way to eat lobster. I had to abstain due to my seafood allergy.
For her main dish, she went with our server’s recommendations and tried the signature Crabcake BLT. It features lump blue crab, avocado, cheddar, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mustard sauce on a ciabatta. Carol said it had perfect layers of flavor that complemented but didn’t overwhelm the crab. Her cake was a little crumbly, but that wasn’t a problem for her.
I opted for the signature steakhouse burger, and I liked that they used a blend of short rib, chuck, and brisket, which gave the burger a good lean consistency. I picked cheddar and bacon as my two optional toppings that come with the burger. It’s hard to mess up a bacon cheeseburger, but my tastebuds and tummy were happy with my choice.
We finished our lunch with dessert, and we picked ones at opposite ends of the dining spectrum.
Since Fulton’s is at Disney Springs, we went with the classic Banana Split for our first choice. It featured three scoops of vanilla ice cream topped with crushed pineapple, caramel and chocolate sauces, chopped walnuts, whipped cream and a cherry. This would be a fun dish for a family to share, but I’m not sure it’s worth the $11 price tag. I mean it is ice cream, after all.
Our second choice was the Chocolate Creme Brulee, which was so rich and decadent. It was a dark chocolate custard topped with a carmelized sugar crust, then accented with shaved chocolate curls and seasonal berries. This is a date night splurge, and was so amazingly good.
Overall, I found Fulton’s Crab House to be a good choice for a sit down lunch at Disney Springs. Even though their menu is heavily skewed to seafood, there were enough other options to make it easy for a group to dine.
I’d also like to point out they were very attune to diners with food allergies. Not only did they make sure my burger wasn’t cooked on a space of the grill that had cooked seafood, but on a previous dinner at Fulton’s they altered a dish to remove mushrooms (which I am also allergic to). I also heard the servers ask about food allergies at each table during lunch as they took drink orders.
Kudos to Executive Chef Mark Boor for his great food, and for including a good selection of non-seafood items into his menu. We also enjoyed his creative twists, like the Lobster Corn Dogs. Service was also on point for the meal – thank you Adam!
If you’d like to enjoy a lunch at Fulton’s Crab House, they are open from 11:30am to 3:30pm, then they switch to the dinner menu from 4pm to 11pm. The restaurant is located at Disney Springs, on the waterfront in a vintage riverboat. For more information, visit fultonscrabhouse.com.
It’s also worth it to sign up for their free Preferred Program, which includes special privileges for members. You can sign up at the website.
Disclaimer: We were hosted for our meal, but as always, our opinions are our own and are honest.
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017