I have to admit I wasn’t that familiar with Cook, though I’d heard a few of his songs on the radio. But this American Idol winner (season 7) definitely turned me into a fan…with only six songs, believe it or not.
He led off with “Heartbeat,” off his 2015 release, Digital Vein, then performed “Come Back to Me” off his 2009 self-titled release, his first post-American Idol.
He went out into the crowd for a few minutes to try to encourage them to rock out a bit, by asking them to pretend they were at an arena show, instead of Disney World. The crowd laughed and seemed to enjoy this.
Once back on stage, he launched into another track from Digital Vein called “Broken Windows.” I really enjoyed this track. Then he did one cover, an bluesy slowed down version of the Michael Jackson classic, “Billie Jean,” that had the audience grooving.
He ended the set with two more originals, “Light On” from his self-titled album, and “Criminals,” the lead single from Digital Vein.
I didn’t have the chance to catch his other two sets, but Cook put on a great show, as brief as it was. I’ll definitely be checking out his cds.
The Eat to the Beat Concert Series is included with your admission to Epcot during the International Food & Wine Festival.
- Aloma Bowling Centers Offering Winter All Access Pass Through January 2018 - December 17, 2017
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017