This week, Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announced two major corporate gifts towards the completion of Phase 2 of the venue.
Tupperware Brands and Ravago Americas are both contributing $1 million on top of previous gifts. Naming rights were given to both companies with their initial gifts, The Tupperware Brands Lobby is situated at the stage door lobby that welcomes artists, students and people doing business at the arts center. The Ravago Terrace Bar on Tier Three features a view of the Seneff Arts Plaza and the DeVos Family Room.
Phase 2 will consist of the 1,700-seat Steinmetz Hall that will join the existing 2,700-seat Walt Disney Theater and the 300-seat Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater already in operations since the Dr. Phillips Center opened in November 2014. In addition to the acoustical theater, Phase 2 will complete the Seneff Arts Plaza, as well as add rehearsal, classroom and office space.
“The opening of the first phase of the Dr. Phillips Center was the culmination of decades of dreaming, planning and hard work. Phase 2 will fulfill the vision and the commitment of every person who has contributed,” said Kathy Ramsberger, president and CEO of the Dr. Phillips Center. “We are grateful to Ravago and Tupperware for their continued support.”
The timetable calls for completing fundraising in 2016 with a projected ground breaking in spring of 2016 and opening in 2019. The current projected cost of Phase 2 is $177 million and approximately $35 million is left to raise toward the completion of the project.
The Dr. Phillips Center is a public-private collaboration with the City of Orlando, Orange County, the State of Florida and generous donors. For more information please visit drphillipscenter.org.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018