This week, Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announced two major corporate gifts towards the completion of Phase 2 of the venue.
Tupperware Brands and Ravago Americas are both contributing $1 million on top of previous gifts. Naming rights were given to both companies with their initial gifts, The Tupperware Brands Lobby is situated at the stage door lobby that welcomes artists, students and people doing business at the arts center. The Ravago Terrace Bar on Tier Three features a view of the Seneff Arts Plaza and the DeVos Family Room.
Phase 2 will consist of the 1,700-seat Steinmetz Hall that will join the existing 2,700-seat Walt Disney Theater and the 300-seat Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater already in operations since the Dr. Phillips Center opened in November 2014. In addition to the acoustical theater, Phase 2 will complete the Seneff Arts Plaza, as well as add rehearsal, classroom and office space.
“The opening of the first phase of the Dr. Phillips Center was the culmination of decades of dreaming, planning and hard work. Phase 2 will fulfill the vision and the commitment of every person who has contributed,” said Kathy Ramsberger, president and CEO of the Dr. Phillips Center. “We are grateful to Ravago and Tupperware for their continued support.”
The timetable calls for completing fundraising in 2016 with a projected ground breaking in spring of 2016 and opening in 2019. The current projected cost of Phase 2 is $177 million and approximately $35 million is left to raise toward the completion of the project.
The Dr. Phillips Center is a public-private collaboration with the City of Orlando, Orange County, the State of Florida and generous donors. For more information please visit drphillipscenter.org.
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017