This week, Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announced two major corporate gifts towards the completion of Phase 2 of the venue.
Tupperware Brands and Ravago Americas are both contributing $1 million on top of previous gifts. Naming rights were given to both companies with their initial gifts, The Tupperware Brands Lobby is situated at the stage door lobby that welcomes artists, students and people doing business at the arts center. The Ravago Terrace Bar on Tier Three features a view of the Seneff Arts Plaza and the DeVos Family Room.
Phase 2 will consist of the 1,700-seat Steinmetz Hall that will join the existing 2,700-seat Walt Disney Theater and the 300-seat Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater already in operations since the Dr. Phillips Center opened in November 2014. In addition to the acoustical theater, Phase 2 will complete the Seneff Arts Plaza, as well as add rehearsal, classroom and office space.
“The opening of the first phase of the Dr. Phillips Center was the culmination of decades of dreaming, planning and hard work. Phase 2 will fulfill the vision and the commitment of every person who has contributed,” said Kathy Ramsberger, president and CEO of the Dr. Phillips Center. “We are grateful to Ravago and Tupperware for their continued support.”
The timetable calls for completing fundraising in 2016 with a projected ground breaking in spring of 2016 and opening in 2019. The current projected cost of Phase 2 is $177 million and approximately $35 million is left to raise toward the completion of the project.
The Dr. Phillips Center is a public-private collaboration with the City of Orlando, Orange County, the State of Florida and generous donors. For more information please visit drphillipscenter.org.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017