In addition to the big Star Wars announcement at D23 EXPO 2015, it was also officially announced that Disney’s Hollywood Studios will also be getting a Toy Story Land.
This new 11-acre land will transport guests into the adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard. Guests will be surrounded by oversized toys like building blocks, plastic buckets, and game pieces, making them appear to have shrunk to the size of toys.
This new area of the theme park will feature an expanded Toy Story Mania, as well as two new attractions:
Slinky Dog Roller Coaster – This family-friendly coaster will zip and zoom, plunge and coast as it takes guests on a fun, toy-filled adventure throughout the new land. As you can see from the above art, it appears the track will cover quite a bit of Toy Story Land.
Alien Saucers – The famous little green aliens from the movie will take guests around for a spin in their very own flying saucers. The music, lighting and sound effects add to the flurry of action, while “The Claw” looms over. Oooooooooooo! (Sorry, had to do that.)
No start or completion date has been given for Toy Story Land, but between this and the 14-acre Star Wars-themed Land, there’s going to be a lot of construction happening at DHS the next few years. Looking at the map, it looks like it might either expand into the former home of the Backlot Tour, or possibly even towards the building that formerly held The Art of Animation and possibly even Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which is rumored to be closing.
But it’s all speculation until Disney makes another announcement. Until then, let us know what you think of Toy Story Land. Are you happy with that or do you think it should’ve encompassed other Pixar movies, too? Let us know in comments.
[Photo courtesy Disney Parks]
- Out and About: Eating All the Burgers at the #OrlandoBurgerBattle at Ace Cafe Orlando - September 25, 2017
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017