This week the second Shake Shack location opened on I-Drive and I was there for both the preview and the ribbon cutting the next morning.
This Shake Shack location is at I-Drive 360, with a front door view of The Orlando Eye. It features ample seating indoors, as well as several benches and chairs on the outdoor patio in front.
The menu features the brand’s regular offerings of burgers, hot dogs, and frozen custard. It also features two location-specific Concrete variations, both made with their frozen custard. The Orlandough is all about the chocolate – custard, truffle cookie dough and covered pretzels – all accompanied by a marshmallow sauce. The other Concrete, the Eye Drive, is a concoction of vanilla frozen custard, peanut butter sauce, chocolate toffee and chocolate sprinkles.. Plus 5% of the sales from the Eye Drive benefit A Gift for Music, a local non-profit program helping the Orlando area’s underserved youth reach their personal potential through quality music education.
I had the chance to try both of the Concretes, and the Eye Drive edged out The Orlandough for my fave (but I have to confess I’m not a huge chocolate fan).
The preview day on August 18 was a little chaotic with lines out the door, but the staff operated well under the pressure and were happy and friendly until the end.
The next morning, August 19, Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs joined in the ribbon cutting to officially open the restaurant to the public. Her family joined her in trying out the newest Central Florida location for the brand.
And if you’ve been putting off trying Shake Shack because of the small parking lot at the Winter Park location, you’ll be happy to know a FREE parking garage is just across the sidewalk from the I-Drive location.
Shake Shack I-Drive is located at 8359 International Drive at the I-Drive 360 complex. Hours are 11am-11pm Sunday through Thursday, and 11am-midnight Friday and Saturday. For more information, including a full menu, visit shakeshack.com.
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017