This week the second Shake Shack location opened on I-Drive and I was there for both the preview and the ribbon cutting the next morning.
This Shake Shack location is at I-Drive 360, with a front door view of The Orlando Eye. It features ample seating indoors, as well as several benches and chairs on the outdoor patio in front.
The menu features the brand’s regular offerings of burgers, hot dogs, and frozen custard. It also features two location-specific Concrete variations, both made with their frozen custard. The Orlandough is all about the chocolate – custard, truffle cookie dough and covered pretzels – all accompanied by a marshmallow sauce. The other Concrete, the Eye Drive, is a concoction of vanilla frozen custard, peanut butter sauce, chocolate toffee and chocolate sprinkles.. Plus 5% of the sales from the Eye Drive benefit A Gift for Music, a local non-profit program helping the Orlando area’s underserved youth reach their personal potential through quality music education.
I had the chance to try both of the Concretes, and the Eye Drive edged out The Orlandough for my fave (but I have to confess I’m not a huge chocolate fan).
The preview day on August 18 was a little chaotic with lines out the door, but the staff operated well under the pressure and were happy and friendly until the end.
The next morning, August 19, Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs joined in the ribbon cutting to officially open the restaurant to the public. Her family joined her in trying out the newest Central Florida location for the brand.
And if you’ve been putting off trying Shake Shack because of the small parking lot at the Winter Park location, you’ll be happy to know a FREE parking garage is just across the sidewalk from the I-Drive location.
Shake Shack I-Drive is located at 8359 International Drive at the I-Drive 360 complex. Hours are 11am-11pm Sunday through Thursday, and 11am-midnight Friday and Saturday. For more information, including a full menu, visit shakeshack.com.
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017
- Out and About: Main Event at Pointe Orlando Offers Great Fun and Food for Everyone - March 10, 2017
- Universal Orlando Reveals Story Behind New Volcano Bay Waterpark - March 9, 2017