This week the second Shake Shack location opened on I-Drive and I was there for both the preview and the ribbon cutting the next morning.
This Shake Shack location is at I-Drive 360, with a front door view of The Orlando Eye. It features ample seating indoors, as well as several benches and chairs on the outdoor patio in front.
The menu features the brand’s regular offerings of burgers, hot dogs, and frozen custard. It also features two location-specific Concrete variations, both made with their frozen custard. The Orlandough is all about the chocolate – custard, truffle cookie dough and covered pretzels – all accompanied by a marshmallow sauce. The other Concrete, the Eye Drive, is a concoction of vanilla frozen custard, peanut butter sauce, chocolate toffee and chocolate sprinkles.. Plus 5% of the sales from the Eye Drive benefit A Gift for Music, a local non-profit program helping the Orlando area’s underserved youth reach their personal potential through quality music education.
I had the chance to try both of the Concretes, and the Eye Drive edged out The Orlandough for my fave (but I have to confess I’m not a huge chocolate fan).
The preview day on August 18 was a little chaotic with lines out the door, but the staff operated well under the pressure and were happy and friendly until the end.
The next morning, August 19, Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs joined in the ribbon cutting to officially open the restaurant to the public. Her family joined her in trying out the newest Central Florida location for the brand.
And if you’ve been putting off trying Shake Shack because of the small parking lot at the Winter Park location, you’ll be happy to know a FREE parking garage is just across the sidewalk from the I-Drive location.
Shake Shack I-Drive is located at 8359 International Drive at the I-Drive 360 complex. Hours are 11am-11pm Sunday through Thursday, and 11am-midnight Friday and Saturday. For more information, including a full menu, visit shakeshack.com.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017