OrlandoiX, an international digital festival to be held in Orlando from October 2-6, 2015, announced today it is searching for the best geek band.
These bands are wanted to compete in The Battle of the Geek Bands on Saturday, October 3, with the winner getting to headline a performance the next night, Sunday, October 4. .
Under OrlandoiX criteria, a geek band means 50 percent of its members work at a technology company, in a tech-related role or are students enrolled in technology-related fields of study
During the Battle, the OrlandoiX crowd will vote for the winner via the OiX mobile app as competing bands face-off on stage.
If you/your band meets the above tech requirement, applications are being accepted now until Friday, August 28. Submissions must include examples of a performance on CD or via YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud; stage set-up; set list with lyrics (one song must be a cover); and a photo of the band. Bands can be no larger than seven members. Music genre must be rock or alternative. Foul language is not permitted nor are inappropriate actions and attire.
Five bands will be chosen to compete. Each band will be allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for their performance. Bands can apply at orlandoix.com/partner/battle-of-geek-bands.
Not musically inclined but want to flex your opinion? The Battle of the Geek Bands is included with admission to OrlandoiX.
Pass prices are $35 (Gaming Experience), $159 (Startup Summit), $199 (Digital Expo+Speakers) and $389 (All-Access Pass).
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit orlandoix.com.
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017