The Orlando Eye has reopened this afternoon, after a malfunction yesterday left 66 riders stuck on the attraction.
The Eye opened again around noon today, with the following statement posted to the attraction’s Twitter feed:
The Orlando Eye has now reopened. Statement: pic.twitter.com/4W4ud5aQaP
— The Orlando Eye (@theorlandoeye) July 4, 2015
Yesterday’s incident occurred at about 3:45pm, leaving riders to wait it out with the hot afternoon sun shining on them. No word if the air condiditioning was working within the gondolas while the ride wasn’t moving.
Reportedly the operators used a backup generator to bring the gondolas back to the ride platform so guests could get off. No injuries were recorded.
The Orlando Eye opened May 4, and since then has had a few technical difficulties incidents.
The 4th of July festivities will go on as planned tonight and tomorrow.
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017