The Orlando Eye has reopened this afternoon, after a malfunction yesterday left 66 riders stuck on the attraction.
The Eye opened again around noon today, with the following statement posted to the attraction’s Twitter feed:
The Orlando Eye has now reopened. Statement: pic.twitter.com/4W4ud5aQaP
— The Orlando Eye (@theorlandoeye) July 4, 2015
Yesterday’s incident occurred at about 3:45pm, leaving riders to wait it out with the hot afternoon sun shining on them. No word if the air condiditioning was working within the gondolas while the ride wasn’t moving.
Reportedly the operators used a backup generator to bring the gondolas back to the ride platform so guests could get off. No injuries were recorded.
The Orlando Eye opened May 4, and since then has had a few technical difficulties incidents.
The 4th of July festivities will go on as planned tonight and tomorrow.
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017