The Orlando Eye has reopened this afternoon, after a malfunction yesterday left 66 riders stuck on the attraction.
The Eye opened again around noon today, with the following statement posted to the attraction’s Twitter feed:
The Orlando Eye has now reopened. Statement: pic.twitter.com/4W4ud5aQaP
— The Orlando Eye (@theorlandoeye) July 4, 2015
Yesterday’s incident occurred at about 3:45pm, leaving riders to wait it out with the hot afternoon sun shining on them. No word if the air condiditioning was working within the gondolas while the ride wasn’t moving.
Reportedly the operators used a backup generator to bring the gondolas back to the ride platform so guests could get off. No injuries were recorded.
The Orlando Eye opened May 4, and since then has had a few technical difficulties incidents.
The 4th of July festivities will go on as planned tonight and tomorrow.
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces New Annual Pass Options #BuiltForKids - January 22, 2018
- Holy Land Experience To Offer Free Admission January 25, 2018 - January 22, 2018
- ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ Returns to Universal Orlando January 26-28, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018