Congratulations to Executive Chef John Janucik of Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, who has been named 2014 Chef of the Year for the Americas, an Award of Culinary Excellence from Marriott International.
Janucik, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, joined Marriott International in 2006 as an executive sous chef at the Orlando World Center Marriott. He transferred to the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in 2010 as executive chef.
During his tenure at Renaissance, Janucik has been a devoted supporter of local farms and sustainability, and he advocated for an organics program last year that decreased the amount of kitchen waste and increased recycling efforts from 10 percent to 40 percent diversions. He also implemented hanging gardens throughout the Orlando resort, which are utilized to support the hotel’s restaurants.
Janucik was selected for this prestigious award based on his ability to increase guest satisfaction and engagement while also growing food and beverage profits at the hotel.
Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is located at 6677 Sea Harbor Dr. For more information, visit marriott.com.
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017