Congratulations to Executive Chef John Janucik of Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, who has been named 2014 Chef of the Year for the Americas, an Award of Culinary Excellence from Marriott International.
Janucik, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, joined Marriott International in 2006 as an executive sous chef at the Orlando World Center Marriott. He transferred to the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in 2010 as executive chef.
During his tenure at Renaissance, Janucik has been a devoted supporter of local farms and sustainability, and he advocated for an organics program last year that decreased the amount of kitchen waste and increased recycling efforts from 10 percent to 40 percent diversions. He also implemented hanging gardens throughout the Orlando resort, which are utilized to support the hotel’s restaurants.
Janucik was selected for this prestigious award based on his ability to increase guest satisfaction and engagement while also growing food and beverage profits at the hotel.
Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is located at 6677 Sea Harbor Dr. For more information, visit marriott.com.
- Aloma Bowling Centers Offering Winter All Access Pass Through January 2018 - December 17, 2017
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017