One of the nice things about living in Orlando is there are so many ways to enjoy holidays like the 4th of July. But did you know some of the Disney resorts also participate?
Out at Downtown Disney to see movies on July 3, my friend and I decided to take the water shuttle over to Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside resort and got there just as they were setting up for a 4th of July celebration in the lobby courtyard.
It was actually a fun little event, and completely free.
Different sections of the resorts staff each had tables with free games to win little prizes like beaded necklaces, patriotic rubber ducks, and fans. We aced the Trivia Wheel – thankfully our questions were about Marvel and the Disney Parks, and not the Disney Channel.
There were also character meet-and-greets with Minnie Mouse and Pluto decked out in their 4th of July finest. Lines were not very long to meet them, and the kids in attendance seemed to really enjoy interacting with the characters.
You could even tie-dye a shirt with a hidden Mickey and take it home for only $17. The kids loved this one.
A live band also performed while families played and took photos. It was a nice low-key celebration, and one I’ll make note of for next year.
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces New Annual Pass Options #BuiltForKids - January 22, 2018
- Holy Land Experience To Offer Free Admission January 25, 2018 - January 22, 2018
- ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ Returns to Universal Orlando January 26-28, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018