On August 8, Orlando’s Taste of the Nation will celebrate it’s 26th installment of bringing together Central Florida’s most celebrated chefs to benefit No Kid Hungry.
At this event, forty-four of the area’s most accomplished chefs will showcase tasting portions of signature dishes, accompanied by fine wines, craft beers and specialty cocktails, to ensure that no child grows up hungry in our city and across America.
The event’s popular Instant Wine Cellar game returns offering participants a chance to win more than 150 bottles of wine valued at more than $2,500. There are only 250 chances to win this exquisite wine cellar. Each key is a $25 donation.
New to this year’s event is The Giving Tree, a towering tree that will give participants an opportunity to win a taste of Orlando’s most popular restaurants. For a $50 donation, participants are invited to choose a hanging envelope from the tree; each hanging envelope contains a restaurant gift card ranging from $50 to $200 in value.
Among the participating restaurants are: 4Rivers Smokehouse and The Coop, Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, B Resort and Spa and American Q, Cafe Tu Tu Tango, Capa at Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Cuba Libre, Emeril’s Tchoup Chop, Highball and Harvest at Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, Itta Bena, Marlow’s Tavern, MOOR at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Soco Thornton Park, and Tapa Toro Tapas Bar.
No Kid Hungry is a national effort to end childhood hunger in America organized by Share Our Strength, a national non-profit. It works to connect children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives. For more information, visit nokidhungry.org.
Tickets to attend are $150 per person and the event takes place at the Orlando World Center Marriott. Attire is cocktail/semi-formal. For more information, or to purchase, visit ce.strength.org/orlando.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up for 2017 Food & Wine Fest - February 24, 2017
- Central Florida Fair Returns to Orlando Mar 2-19, 2017 - February 23, 2017
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017