On August 8, Orlando’s Taste of the Nation will celebrate it’s 26th installment of bringing together Central Florida’s most celebrated chefs to benefit No Kid Hungry.
At this event, forty-four of the area’s most accomplished chefs will showcase tasting portions of signature dishes, accompanied by fine wines, craft beers and specialty cocktails, to ensure that no child grows up hungry in our city and across America.
The event’s popular Instant Wine Cellar game returns offering participants a chance to win more than 150 bottles of wine valued at more than $2,500. There are only 250 chances to win this exquisite wine cellar. Each key is a $25 donation.
New to this year’s event is The Giving Tree, a towering tree that will give participants an opportunity to win a taste of Orlando’s most popular restaurants. For a $50 donation, participants are invited to choose a hanging envelope from the tree; each hanging envelope contains a restaurant gift card ranging from $50 to $200 in value.
Among the participating restaurants are: 4Rivers Smokehouse and The Coop, Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, B Resort and Spa and American Q, Cafe Tu Tu Tango, Capa at Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Cuba Libre, Emeril’s Tchoup Chop, Highball and Harvest at Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, Itta Bena, Marlow’s Tavern, MOOR at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Soco Thornton Park, and Tapa Toro Tapas Bar.
No Kid Hungry is a national effort to end childhood hunger in America organized by Share Our Strength, a national non-profit. It works to connect children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives. For more information, visit nokidhungry.org.
Tickets to attend are $150 per person and the event takes place at the Orlando World Center Marriott. Attire is cocktail/semi-formal. For more information, or to purchase, visit ce.strength.org/orlando.
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes to Perform Benefit Show at Hard Rock Live Orlando - October 9, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Announces Titles for PlayFest 2017 - October 5, 2017