On August 8, Orlando’s Taste of the Nation will celebrate it’s 26th installment of bringing together Central Florida’s most celebrated chefs to benefit No Kid Hungry.
At this event, forty-four of the area’s most accomplished chefs will showcase tasting portions of signature dishes, accompanied by fine wines, craft beers and specialty cocktails, to ensure that no child grows up hungry in our city and across America.
The event’s popular Instant Wine Cellar game returns offering participants a chance to win more than 150 bottles of wine valued at more than $2,500. There are only 250 chances to win this exquisite wine cellar. Each key is a $25 donation.
New to this year’s event is The Giving Tree, a towering tree that will give participants an opportunity to win a taste of Orlando’s most popular restaurants. For a $50 donation, participants are invited to choose a hanging envelope from the tree; each hanging envelope contains a restaurant gift card ranging from $50 to $200 in value.
Among the participating restaurants are: 4Rivers Smokehouse and The Coop, Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, B Resort and Spa and American Q, Cafe Tu Tu Tango, Capa at Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Cuba Libre, Emeril’s Tchoup Chop, Highball and Harvest at Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, Itta Bena, Marlow’s Tavern, MOOR at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Soco Thornton Park, and Tapa Toro Tapas Bar.
No Kid Hungry is a national effort to end childhood hunger in America organized by Share Our Strength, a national non-profit. It works to connect children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives. For more information, visit nokidhungry.org.
Tickets to attend are $150 per person and the event takes place at the Orlando World Center Marriott. Attire is cocktail/semi-formal. For more information, or to purchase, visit ce.strength.org/orlando.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017