Last week I was invited to a hard hat tour to check out the progress of Mango’s Orlando on International Drive, and discovered things were coming along nicely.
Mango’s Orlando is the first outpost of the popular Mango’s on South Beach in Miami. Mango’s COO Joshua Wallack intends to bring that Caribbean/Latin party feel to Orlando.
Walking into the main floor room, the first thing I noticed were the set of curved concrete stairs that were a part of what will be a gigantic stage. There’s room for a full band, singers, and dancers, because in the evening the casual dining venue will turn into a high-energy dinner show/nightclub.
I’m told the evening show will occur 7 days of the week consisting of back to back performances and entertainment ranging from a Mambo Show, Salsa Show, Belly dancers, Hip Hop dancers and tributes to both the queen of Salsa, Celia Cruz, and the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. It is included with your dinner purchase.
Most of the main floor is also open to the second level, and will have a dance floor, several bars, and seating for dining. And that main floor is being decorated in a Terrazzo floor design that will include the Mango’s Orlando logo near the stage.
On the second level, there will be comfortable seating areas, as well as table service areas. More of a VIP feel only without the VIP club prices, I was told. There is also a third level on the roof, but I didn’t get to see it as the stairs weren’t fully open. And there will thankfully be an elevator as well.
With this layout Mango’s Orlando will be able to accommodate intimate dinners for two up to events of 2,000 guests.
The kitchen is located on the main floor, towards the back, and it is huge. The menu will be available from 11am until late in the evening – possibly 1am or 2am on weekends.
Our tour had just missed seeing superstar Pitbull, who was there the day before for a tour. He is friends with Wallack and the Mango’s crew, and I was told that Mango’s is partnering with Pitbull on his vodka line Voli, which of course will be available at the Orlando location.
And while nobody would officially confirm Pitbull would be at Mango’s grand opening, nobody was denying it either. I guess we’ll have to see.
As for that opening, VP of Operations Antonio Laracuente says they are working hard for a mid-to-late September opening, but nothing is set in stone, yet. As soon as I hear a date, I’ll pass the info on to you readers.
From what I’ve seen on this brief hard hat tour, Mango’s Orlando will bring something to the city that’s new, fresh, and vibrant. It’ll have a family-friendly restaurant most of the day, then transform into a nightlife venue with food, live entertainment, and lots of fun. Oh, and free parking, too.
Mango’s Orlando is located on International Drive, just south of Sand Lake Rd. Visit mangosorlando.com for more information.
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017