It was 30 years ago that Bryan Adams had broke big with the release of his album, Reckless, and he is currently touring to celebrate that anniversary, with an upcoming show in St. Augustine, Florida, on June 28.
Canadian-born Adams released his first self-titled debut album in 1980, and his second, You Want It, You Got It, the following year. His third album, Cuts Like a Knife, was released in 1983, and got Adams some radio and MTV air-time with songs like “Straight From the Heart,” “This Time,” and the title track.
Adams’ fourth album, Reckless, was released on his 25th birthday, November 5, 1984, and was preceded by the single “Run to You,” which reached the Top Ten. It was followed by no less than five Top 20 singles drawn from the album: “Somebody,” “Heaven” (which gave Adams his first U.S. #1 single, and was a huge prom song), “Summer of ’69” (Top Ten), “One Night Love Affair,” and a duet with Tina Turner, “It’s Only Love.”
It’s safe to say the album was the turning point in Adams’ career, as his music opened up in new countries, resulting in his hugely successful World Wide in ’85 Tour.
And while Adams has been writing, recording, and touring in the three decades since, he felt it was time to acknowledge the biggest album of his career. Even today, the singles from that album receive major airplay.
So he’s grabbing the band and going on the 30th Anniversary of Reckless Tour, which includes a date at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre in St. Augustine, Florida, on Sunday, June 28, 2015. Yes, I know it’s an hour and a half from Orlando, but go early and make a day of it in St. Augustine! There’s plenty to see and do in the city.
I’m told Adams will be performing a set that will honor not only the 30th anniversary of Reckless, but also his endless catalog of rock classics. It’s sure to be a great show, so don’t miss your chance to see him on this tour!
For more information on Bryan Adams, visit bryanadams.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is a video promo for the 30th Anniversary of Reckless deluxe version, which has been released via UMC/Polydor this past November, and features exclusive expanded bonus material:
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017