It was 30 years ago that Bryan Adams had broke big with the release of his album, Reckless, and he is currently touring to celebrate that anniversary, with an upcoming show in St. Augustine, Florida, on June 28.
Canadian-born Adams released his first self-titled debut album in 1980, and his second, You Want It, You Got It, the following year. His third album, Cuts Like a Knife, was released in 1983, and got Adams some radio and MTV air-time with songs like “Straight From the Heart,” “This Time,” and the title track.
Adams’ fourth album, Reckless, was released on his 25th birthday, November 5, 1984, and was preceded by the single “Run to You,” which reached the Top Ten. It was followed by no less than five Top 20 singles drawn from the album: “Somebody,” “Heaven” (which gave Adams his first U.S. #1 single, and was a huge prom song), “Summer of ’69” (Top Ten), “One Night Love Affair,” and a duet with Tina Turner, “It’s Only Love.”
It’s safe to say the album was the turning point in Adams’ career, as his music opened up in new countries, resulting in his hugely successful World Wide in ’85 Tour.
And while Adams has been writing, recording, and touring in the three decades since, he felt it was time to acknowledge the biggest album of his career. Even today, the singles from that album receive major airplay.
So he’s grabbing the band and going on the 30th Anniversary of Reckless Tour, which includes a date at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre in St. Augustine, Florida, on Sunday, June 28, 2015. Yes, I know it’s an hour and a half from Orlando, but go early and make a day of it in St. Augustine! There’s plenty to see and do in the city.
I’m told Adams will be performing a set that will honor not only the 30th anniversary of Reckless, but also his endless catalog of rock classics. It’s sure to be a great show, so don’t miss your chance to see him on this tour!
For more information on Bryan Adams, visit bryanadams.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is a video promo for the 30th Anniversary of Reckless deluxe version, which has been released via UMC/Polydor this past November, and features exclusive expanded bonus material:
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017