Parks are some of the best places to build fun family memories, and you can make some more on National Park Trust’s Kids to Parks Day 2015, which takes place Saturday, May 16.
The National Parks Trust is dedicated to perserving local, state, and national parks, and it wants 500,000 people to sign the pledge to take their kids out to a park that day. To sign up, visit kidstoparks.org. As a bonus, when you sign the pledge, you also get a chance to win a Nikon COOLPIX L830 camera.
So sign up, then find an organized event in your area. If there isn’t one, that’s ok. Just visit any local park – Orlando and Central Florida have a lot of great parks. The idea is just to get you and your family to enjoy a park. You can visit parktrust.org/youthprograms/buddy-bison/resources for some fun ideas.
Now that you know all about Kids to Parks Day, National Parks Trust is sponsoring a fun giveaway for CitySurfing Orlando readers, in partnership with my other blog, Zengrrl!
One lucky reader will win a great prize pack that includes a “Buddy Bison” mascot stuffed animal, 2 National Geographic Books (National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide U.S.A.), a CamelBak BPA- and BPS-free reusable bottle, a T-shirt, and a NPT Park Activity Guide.
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this contest. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, May 15, 2015.
Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration. Contestants must reside in the U.S. Good luck and happy entering!
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017