Parks are some of the best places to build fun family memories, and you can make some more on National Park Trust’s Kids to Parks Day 2015, which takes place Saturday, May 16.
The National Parks Trust is dedicated to perserving local, state, and national parks, and it wants 500,000 people to sign the pledge to take their kids out to a park that day. To sign up, visit kidstoparks.org. As a bonus, when you sign the pledge, you also get a chance to win a Nikon COOLPIX L830 camera.
So sign up, then find an organized event in your area. If there isn’t one, that’s ok. Just visit any local park – Orlando and Central Florida have a lot of great parks. The idea is just to get you and your family to enjoy a park. You can visit parktrust.org/youthprograms/buddy-bison/resources for some fun ideas.
Now that you know all about Kids to Parks Day, National Parks Trust is sponsoring a fun giveaway for CitySurfing Orlando readers, in partnership with my other blog, Zengrrl!
One lucky reader will win a great prize pack that includes a “Buddy Bison” mascot stuffed animal, 2 National Geographic Books (National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide U.S.A.), a CamelBak BPA- and BPS-free reusable bottle, a T-shirt, and a NPT Park Activity Guide.
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this contest. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, May 15, 2015.
Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration. Contestants must reside in the U.S. Good luck and happy entering!
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces New Annual Pass Options #BuiltForKids - January 22, 2018
- Holy Land Experience To Offer Free Admission January 25, 2018 - January 22, 2018
- ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ Returns to Universal Orlando January 26-28, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018