Whisper Creek Farm: The Kitchen is the newest farm-to-fork experience at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, featuring ingredients grown on property.
Food from The Kitchen will utilize seasonal ingredients from the 7,000-square-foot on-site garden at Whisper Creek Farm as well as fresh eggs from a recently added chicken coop. The menu features snacks, small plates and sandwiches, charcuterie and cheese boards, and flatbreads, created under the direction of Chef de Partie Jason Shapiro, who has also been involved in the creation of Whisper Creek Garden.
Signature menu items prepared in the restaurant’s open-air display kitchen include fresh pickled vegetables, hop-salted house pretzels served with Surplus Ale cheese fondue, seasonal flatbreads and a smoked ham sandwich on a house-made Whisper Creek Farm honey pecan roll inspired by a popular ham sandwich on the original 1927 Marriott Hot Shoppe menu.
The Kitchen will also feature beverages from The Brewery, the onsite nano-brewery. In addition to showcasing The Brewery’s seasonal brews, The Kitchen’s six taps will rotate between five seasonal selections and the Surplus (Honey Citrus Ale), Grande Lakes’ flagship beer.
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes is the first property to launch a nano-brewery, and The Brewery will produce 28 gallons of beer weekly, including five styles created each season. Signature Special Brew varieties will include the Maple Bacon Stout, Soup of the Day IPA and Ghost Pepper Wheat.
The Brewery has also partnered with Cape Canaveral-based Florida Beer Company to create its flagship brew, Surplus. A signature Floridian honey citrus ale, Surplus is naturally infused with Grande Lakes honey sourced from the resort’s on-property apiaries.
The Brewery also operates as a Chef’s Table for intimate evenings and group events.
No reservations required for The Kitchen. For more information please call (407)-393-4755 or visit grandelakes.com.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up for 2017 Food & Wine Fest - February 24, 2017
- Central Florida Fair Returns to Orlando Mar 2-19, 2017 - February 23, 2017
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017