Whisper Creek Farm: The Kitchen is the newest farm-to-fork experience at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, featuring ingredients grown on property.
Food from The Kitchen will utilize seasonal ingredients from the 7,000-square-foot on-site garden at Whisper Creek Farm as well as fresh eggs from a recently added chicken coop. The menu features snacks, small plates and sandwiches, charcuterie and cheese boards, and flatbreads, created under the direction of Chef de Partie Jason Shapiro, who has also been involved in the creation of Whisper Creek Garden.
Signature menu items prepared in the restaurant’s open-air display kitchen include fresh pickled vegetables, hop-salted house pretzels served with Surplus Ale cheese fondue, seasonal flatbreads and a smoked ham sandwich on a house-made Whisper Creek Farm honey pecan roll inspired by a popular ham sandwich on the original 1927 Marriott Hot Shoppe menu.
The Kitchen will also feature beverages from The Brewery, the onsite nano-brewery. In addition to showcasing The Brewery’s seasonal brews, The Kitchen’s six taps will rotate between five seasonal selections and the Surplus (Honey Citrus Ale), Grande Lakes’ flagship beer.
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes is the first property to launch a nano-brewery, and The Brewery will produce 28 gallons of beer weekly, including five styles created each season. Signature Special Brew varieties will include the Maple Bacon Stout, Soup of the Day IPA and Ghost Pepper Wheat.
The Brewery has also partnered with Cape Canaveral-based Florida Beer Company to create its flagship brew, Surplus. A signature Floridian honey citrus ale, Surplus is naturally infused with Grande Lakes honey sourced from the resort’s on-property apiaries.
The Brewery also operates as a Chef’s Table for intimate evenings and group events.
No reservations required for The Kitchen. For more information please call (407)-393-4755 or visit grandelakes.com.
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017