Whisper Creek Farm: The Kitchen is the newest farm-to-fork experience at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, featuring ingredients grown on property.
Food from The Kitchen will utilize seasonal ingredients from the 7,000-square-foot on-site garden at Whisper Creek Farm as well as fresh eggs from a recently added chicken coop. The menu features snacks, small plates and sandwiches, charcuterie and cheese boards, and flatbreads, created under the direction of Chef de Partie Jason Shapiro, who has also been involved in the creation of Whisper Creek Garden.
Signature menu items prepared in the restaurant’s open-air display kitchen include fresh pickled vegetables, hop-salted house pretzels served with Surplus Ale cheese fondue, seasonal flatbreads and a smoked ham sandwich on a house-made Whisper Creek Farm honey pecan roll inspired by a popular ham sandwich on the original 1927 Marriott Hot Shoppe menu.
The Kitchen will also feature beverages from The Brewery, the onsite nano-brewery. In addition to showcasing The Brewery’s seasonal brews, The Kitchen’s six taps will rotate between five seasonal selections and the Surplus (Honey Citrus Ale), Grande Lakes’ flagship beer.
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes is the first property to launch a nano-brewery, and The Brewery will produce 28 gallons of beer weekly, including five styles created each season. Signature Special Brew varieties will include the Maple Bacon Stout, Soup of the Day IPA and Ghost Pepper Wheat.
The Brewery has also partnered with Cape Canaveral-based Florida Beer Company to create its flagship brew, Surplus. A signature Floridian honey citrus ale, Surplus is naturally infused with Grande Lakes honey sourced from the resort’s on-property apiaries.
The Brewery also operates as a Chef’s Table for intimate evenings and group events.
No reservations required for The Kitchen. For more information please call (407)-393-4755 or visit grandelakes.com.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017