One of the best parts of the Christmas season is checking out all the homes decorated in lights for the season. One of Orlando’s best is Christmas In The Shire in south Orlando.
Andrew Albertson, the owner/creator, starts working on decorating in October, and this year’s display includes tens of thousands of lights, along with almost 100 trees inside and out. New themed trees this year include a Wizard of Oz rainbow tree and a New Year’s Eve tree.
Christmas In The Shire is located at 14645 Grand Cove Dr in Hunters Creek. It is open nightly through December 25 from 6pm to 9pm (with weekend nights extended to 10).
For more information visit ChristmasInTheShire.com.
Here is a video preview of what to expect if you go:
[photo courtesy ChristmasInTheShire.com]
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017