While at the Orlando Chili Cook-off last month, we met some wonderful folks from the seafood restaurant Fish of Fire. As a result of the conversation, we decided to try it for lunch on a Sunday after church.
This restaurant is in the out lot of a LaQuinta hotel near the Orlando International Airport. It feels more like it should be on the beach. This isn’t a bad thing, just that it’s a casual place, like the kind of laid-back seafood place you’d find on the coast.
It surprised us that they offered a brunch menu as their website didn’t mention it, but it had quite a few tasty options.
We ordered a brew basket with fried pickles, onion straws, and hush puppies for an appetizer. It came out fairly quickly, and the family ate it so fast, I didn’t even get photos. I guess we were all hungry after church.
For our entrees, we ordered Shrimp and Grits, Shrimp and Crab Benedict, a grilled cheese sandwich with tator tots, and an egg with tator tots and toast. I managed to get some pictures before we dug in. The shrimp and grits were not as “Cajun” as my husband would have liked, but the grits were cheesy and full of flavor. I ordered the Benedict, and it was good, but seemed to be a bit stingy on the shrimp and crab for the price. The kids liked their meals, and found the remoulade sauce that came with the appetizer was quite yummy on the tater tots. The kids meals also came with dessert, so they were happy.
Prices were a bit on the high side for a brunch, but still reasonable, and portions were a good size. We do look forward to trying their other menu offerings in the future. Their fish tacos sound good, as do other things on their dinner menu.
Fish on Fire is located at 7937 Daetwyler Drive in Orlando. Their website at fishonfireorlando.net has the dinner menu listed, but not their Sunday brunch one. They also have a daily happy hour (from 11am-7pm), nightly specials, Wednesday trivia night, live music on weekends, and a dog-friendly outdoor patio. Keep up-to-date on their specials and events, like their upcoming Kids Beating Cancer Dinner Fundraiser on March 18, via their Facebook page.
- Out and About: Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart is Fun for the Whole Family! - September 5, 2016
- Out and About: House of Pho Opens in Orlando - August 14, 2016
- Out and About: A Dining Review of Pincho Factory in Dr Phillips - April 18, 2016
- Out and About: Silver Spurs Rodeo is Fun for the Family - February 20, 2016
- Out and About: Osceola County Fair is a Fun Family Outing - February 15, 2016
- Out and About: Monster Jam is Exciting Family Fun and It’s Coming to Orlando Jan 23 - January 19, 2016
- Out and About: Orlando Shakespeare Theater’s Magic Tree House: A Ghost Tale for Mr. Dickens Fun for Families - October 27, 2015
- Out and About: AIMExpo 2015 Delivers Fun With Motorcycles and ATVs - October 21, 2015
- Out and About: Jimmy Hula’s in Hunters Creek Offers Beach Shack Food and Experience - September 25, 2015
- Out and About: Jeremiah’s Italian Ice in Hunter Creek - September 23, 2015