In a press release on its Facebook page, Central Florida attraction Fantasy of Flight announced it will no longer be open to the public, as of April 6, 2014.
Fantasy of Flight is an incredible aviation-themed attraction owned by Kermit Weeks showcasing vintage aircraft from the world’s largest private collection. If you’ve never made the trip to the attraction in Polk City, you most likely saw its airplane advertising on I-4 between Orlando and Tampa.
Housed in three huge hangars are over 40 airplanes, many of which are restored to original flying condition. In addition to all of the planes, there are themed immersion experiences, flight simulators. interactive exhibits, a tram tour of aircraft maintenance areas, restoration and backlot tours, and more.
“After 18 years of being in operation, it’s time we close the attraction and move forward toward creating the vision for what I know Fantasy of Flight can become,” Weeks said about the closing.
Fantasy of Flight will still exist, but only as an events business, for weddings, meetings, and such. It will also turn the facility into what it was originally designed for, which is a restoration and maintenance facility that will be needed to build future attraction elements. For those who wish to enjoy the historical aspects of aircraft, plans are to open part of the collection in a reduced capacity and admission price later this year.
Groups that are currently booked for admittance to the attraction after April 6 will be issued refunds (including deposits). Groups contracted for Wing Walk Air only and/or private events will not be affected by these changes. Annual passholders will receive a pro-rated refund based on the date of purchase, and refund checks will be mailed to the passholder’s address on file via USPS beginning April 8. If you are an annual pass holder with questions or need to update your mailing address, please contact Brittani Taylor at email@example.com.
In the meantime, you have one month to make the trek out to Polk City if you wish to see this cool aviation attraction.
Fantasy of Flight is open Thursdays through Sundays from 10am to 5pm. For more information about Fantasy of Flight or for event schedules and admission prices, visit fantasyofflight.com or call 863-984-3500.
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ From Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dec 4, 2017 - December 4, 2017
- Book of Mormon Returns to Dr Phillips Center Dec 12-17, 2017 - December 3, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Hosts An Evening with Anna Deavere Smith Dec 10, 2017 - December 2, 2017