In a press release on its Facebook page, Central Florida attraction Fantasy of Flight announced it will no longer be open to the public, as of April 6, 2014.
Fantasy of Flight is an incredible aviation-themed attraction owned by Kermit Weeks showcasing vintage aircraft from the world’s largest private collection. If you’ve never made the trip to the attraction in Polk City, you most likely saw its airplane advertising on I-4 between Orlando and Tampa.
Housed in three huge hangars are over 40 airplanes, many of which are restored to original flying condition. In addition to all of the planes, there are themed immersion experiences, flight simulators. interactive exhibits, a tram tour of aircraft maintenance areas, restoration and backlot tours, and more.
“After 18 years of being in operation, it’s time we close the attraction and move forward toward creating the vision for what I know Fantasy of Flight can become,” Weeks said about the closing.
Fantasy of Flight will still exist, but only as an events business, for weddings, meetings, and such. It will also turn the facility into what it was originally designed for, which is a restoration and maintenance facility that will be needed to build future attraction elements. For those who wish to enjoy the historical aspects of aircraft, plans are to open part of the collection in a reduced capacity and admission price later this year.
Groups that are currently booked for admittance to the attraction after April 6 will be issued refunds (including deposits). Groups contracted for Wing Walk Air only and/or private events will not be affected by these changes. Annual passholders will receive a pro-rated refund based on the date of purchase, and refund checks will be mailed to the passholder’s address on file via USPS beginning April 8. If you are an annual pass holder with questions or need to update your mailing address, please contact Brittani Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you have one month to make the trek out to Polk City if you wish to see this cool aviation attraction.
Fantasy of Flight is open Thursdays through Sundays from 10am to 5pm. For more information about Fantasy of Flight or for event schedules and admission prices, visit fantasyofflight.com or call 863-984-3500.
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017