In a press release on its Facebook page, Central Florida attraction Fantasy of Flight announced it will no longer be open to the public, as of April 6, 2014.
Fantasy of Flight is an incredible aviation-themed attraction owned by Kermit Weeks showcasing vintage aircraft from the world’s largest private collection. If you’ve never made the trip to the attraction in Polk City, you most likely saw its airplane advertising on I-4 between Orlando and Tampa.
Housed in three huge hangars are over 40 airplanes, many of which are restored to original flying condition. In addition to all of the planes, there are themed immersion experiences, flight simulators. interactive exhibits, a tram tour of aircraft maintenance areas, restoration and backlot tours, and more.
“After 18 years of being in operation, it’s time we close the attraction and move forward toward creating the vision for what I know Fantasy of Flight can become,” Weeks said about the closing.
Fantasy of Flight will still exist, but only as an events business, for weddings, meetings, and such. It will also turn the facility into what it was originally designed for, which is a restoration and maintenance facility that will be needed to build future attraction elements. For those who wish to enjoy the historical aspects of aircraft, plans are to open part of the collection in a reduced capacity and admission price later this year.
Groups that are currently booked for admittance to the attraction after April 6 will be issued refunds (including deposits). Groups contracted for Wing Walk Air only and/or private events will not be affected by these changes. Annual passholders will receive a pro-rated refund based on the date of purchase, and refund checks will be mailed to the passholder’s address on file via USPS beginning April 8. If you are an annual pass holder with questions or need to update your mailing address, please contact Brittani Taylor at email@example.com.
In the meantime, you have one month to make the trek out to Polk City if you wish to see this cool aviation attraction.
Fantasy of Flight is open Thursdays through Sundays from 10am to 5pm. For more information about Fantasy of Flight or for event schedules and admission prices, visit fantasyofflight.com or call 863-984-3500.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017