Daytona commissioners voted unanimously on March 5 to approve millions in funding for a massive new entertainment complex planned across from the Daytona International Speedway.
The $250 million project, to be called “One Daytona,” will include shopping, restaurants, a hotel, and a theater, set on 181 acres of land.
Daytona has so far pledged $20 million to go toward road and traffic improvements near the planned development.
Work on the project could begin later this year, and is expected to bring thousands of construction jobs, as well as permanant jobs once the complex is open.
- Disney to Live Stream ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 29 - June 28, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017