For the ninth year, Otronicon returns to the Orlando Science Center to celebrate the role that interactive technology has in our every day lives. This year, the event runs January 17-20.
New partners Microsoft and Sony join the likes of Walt Disney World Resort, EA SPORTS, Florida Hospital for Children, Lockheed Martin and the University of Central Florida to demonstrate technology’s impact on the world of entertainment, simulation, education, training, health care and more.
Guests will be able to play the Xbox One (Microsoft will give one away daily) and Sony’s PS4 gaming systems, try out the Personal 3D HDTV Viewer (head mounted display) to watch Blu-ray Discs, check out state-of-the-art medical and military simulators, and more. There will also be workshops, panels, and even a Cosplay contest.
Otronicon also hosts some adult-centric activities on Friday and Saturday evenings including a “nerdy burlesque” show by Skill Focus, a cash bar provided by Tuxedo Catering and geek trivia courtesy of The Cloak and Blaster. Live music with the band A Brilliant Lie will entertain audiences on Saturday night only.
Also included in admission to Otronicon are Hollywood movies in in the Digital Adventure Theater: A National Geographic Experience including “Wreck-It Ralph 3D” or “Pacific Rim 3D.” Guests can also get the first look at the newest traveling exhibit, “Zoom Into Nano”: a hands-on, interactive exhibition that focuses on how scientists make things that are too small to see. The rest of the OSC is open to explore, as well.
Admission to Otronicon is $19 for adults and $13 for youth (ages 3-11). Hours are 10am to 10pm on Friday and Saturday (Jan. 17 & 18), and 10am to 6pm on Sunday and Monday. For more information, call 47-514-2000 or visit Otronicon.org.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018