Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- Kennedy Space Center to Induct Four Space Shuttle Astronauts into 2015 U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame May 30 - May 25, 2015
- Raptor Encounter Opens at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure - May 25, 2015
- Christner’s Summer Wine Dinner Series Returns Starting May 29 - May 24, 2015
- Project: Time Off Week Declared in Central Florida to Welcome #IPW2015 to Orlando - May 24, 2015
- Out and About: Surviving the 24-Hour Day at Magic Kingdom #Disney24 - May 24, 2015
- Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen at Orlando World Center Marriott Names New Chef de Cuisine - May 23, 2015
- Harambe Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Officially Opens Today! - May 23, 2015
- American Q Hosts Memorial Weekend Sunday BBQ at B Resort May 24 - May 22, 2015
- Teen Heartthrob Ross Lynch Visits Madame Tussauds Orlando to Unveil His Wax Figure - May 22, 2015
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort To Open For Brunch Starting May 31 - May 21, 2015