Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- New I-Drive Four Pass Combo Ticket Allows Admission to Four I-Drive Attractions - March 5, 2015
- WonderGround Gallery Expansion Holds Grand Opening at Downtown Disney Marketplace March 6-7, 2015 - March 4, 2015
- Dickey’s Barbeque Pit Opens Newest Orlando Area Restaurant With 3-Day Blowout Starting March 5 - March 4, 2015
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Offers Flora, Food, and Fun through May 17, 2015 - March 4, 2015
- Emily Kopp Returns to Orlando for a Show at BackBooth March 6, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Toby Keith and Lynyrd Skynyrd Headline First Weekend of Bands, Brew & BBQ at SeaWorld Orlando March 7-8, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House Hosts Veuve Clicquot Champagne Dinner March 19, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Blues Artist Ray Bonneville to Play Free Show at House of Blues Orlando March 7, 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Kevin Hart Adds Second Show to Orlando and Tampa Tour Dates - March 2, 2015
- Planet Hollywood Orlando to Undergo Disney Springs Transformation - March 1, 2015