Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- AAA, Bud Light To Offer Tow To Go Program Halloween Weekend in Orlando - October 30, 2014
- Creative City Project Takes Over Downtown Orlando November 1, 2014 - October 30, 2014
- Two New Restaurants Announced for Disney Springs at Walt Disney World - October 29, 2014
- Out and About: The Four Seasons Food Truck Tour at Four Seasons Resort Orlando #FSFoodTruck - October 28, 2014
- Carlos Mencia To Appear at Orlando Improv October 30 – November 2, 2014 - October 26, 2014
- Walt Disney World Announces Plans to Remove the Sorcerer’s Hat and More at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - October 25, 2014
- Enjoy the 5th Annual Food & Wine Classic at Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort October 31-November 1, 2014 - October 24, 2014
- Where to Enjoy Halloween Events Around Orlando for 2014 - October 23, 2014
- Dumpstaphunk to Open for Jorma Kaukonen at Plaza Live on October 25, 2014 - October 22, 2014
- Four Seasons Resorts Food Truck Coming to Orlando October 27 – 28, 2014 - October 20, 2014