Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- Epcot to Host Tomorrowland Movie Preview Starting Mid-April - April 1, 2015
- Maker Faire Orlando 2015 Announces Dates at Orlando Science Center - April 1, 2015
- Out and About: Howard Jones at Velvet Sessions at the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - March 31, 2015
- Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler Played Around at Walt Disney World Last Week - March 31, 2015
- Out and About: #OrlandoMeetandSweet Delivers the Treats to Sample - March 30, 2015
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Easter Brunch in Orlando - March 30, 2015
- 2015 Florida Film Festival Includes Several Food Events - March 30, 2015
- Jimmy Fallon Gets Five New Wax Figures Including One Coming to Madam Tussauds Orlando #MTFallonGetsWaxed - March 29, 2015
- Enter to Win a $50 Gift Certificate for Spring Shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores #lbvfs #springdeals - March 29, 2015
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto Soft Opens at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort March 28 - March 28, 2015