Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- American Q Invites Orlando to Enjoy Their New Thursday Night Throwdown Hoedown - July 29, 2015
- Enter to Win a $50 Gift Certificate For #BacktoSchool Shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores #lbvfs - July 29, 2015
- Actor Kevin Bacon Takes the #GKTWChallenge at Give Kids the World Village in Kissimmee - July 28, 2015
- Edgewood to Kick off 1st Saturdays Food Truck Extravaganza on August 1 - July 28, 2015
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Hosts 3rd Annual Free Open House on August 1, 2015 - July 27, 2015
- Main Street Restaurant Week Comes to Orlando August 1-8, 2015 - July 27, 2015
- Whitesnake to Rock Central Florida for Three Dates in August - July 26, 2015
- Osborne Lights Return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios Starting November 6, 2015 - July 26, 2015
- Lafayette’s Will Soft Open Dinner Hours This Weekend With Full Hours Starting July 27 - July 25, 2015
- Payano Vs Warren: Premier Boxing Champions Airs Live from Full Sail University Winter Park on August 2 - July 24, 2015