Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- Gatorland Breaks Ground on New Fun Spot America Attraction - January 24, 2015
- Parking Information for Sold-Out Monster Jam 2015 at Orlando Citrus Bowl - January 23, 2015
- Tin Roof Orlando Celebrates Grand Opening on January 24, 2015 - January 23, 2015
- 7th Annual Orlando Home & Garden Show Returns to O.C.C.C. January 23-25, 2015 - January 22, 2015
- Out and About: American Gymkhana Spices Up Brunch in Orlando - January 22, 2015
- Meet Monster Jam Monster Truck Drivers Around Orlando January 22 & 23, 2015 - January 21, 2015
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Entertainment for Food and Wine Fest in March - January 21, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando Kicks Off Wild Days with Julie Scardina and Penguin Lovers’ Weekend January 24-25 - January 20, 2015
- The Friends of the Library Winter Book Sale Takes Place January 22-25, 2015 - January 20, 2015
- Out and About: Oh the Carnage at Monster Jam in Tampa; Tickets Available for Orlando January 24 - January 19, 2015