Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- Out and About: Nik Wallenda Sets Record with Walk on The Orlando Eye - May 1, 2015
- Bookmark It Hosts Locally Grown Words Summer Book Fair at East End Market May 3, 2015 - April 30, 2015
- Nitro Circus Live is Coming to Amway Center May 9 and We Have Your Chance to Win Tickets! - April 29, 2015
- Nik Wallenda Readies for His Walk on The Orlando Eye April 29, 2015 - April 28, 2015
- Iration to Co-Headline Reggae on the Block 2 in Downtown Orlando May 9, 2015 - April 28, 2015
- Orange County Regional History Center Hosts Straight Talk: All Lives Matter May 2, 2015 - April 28, 2015
- Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores To Build 110,000-SF Expansion - April 27, 2015
- St. Johns River Festival of the Arts Returns to Downtown Sanford May 2-3, 2015 - April 27, 2015
- Four Seasons Orlando Makes Conde Nast Traveler’s The 2015 Hot List - April 26, 2015
- LEGOLAND Hotel to Open May 15 at LEGOLAND Florida - April 26, 2015