Out and About: #SandwichEatUp #3 at Pom Pom’s Tea House
On December 10, a bunch of local bloggers and sandwich lovers descended upon Pom Pom’s Tea House & Sandwicheria in Orlando for the third edition of #SandwichEatUp.
Biggie from Deli Fresh Threads conceived of the meetup because he loves sandwiches and he wanted to meet others who love sandwiches. In fact, he took the group photo above.
First off, Pom Pom’s was a great choice as they had a wide variety of sandwiches in many unusual combinations. I ordered a #3 – turkey, ginger-cranberry chutney, cream cheese, smoked gouda and red onion on pumpernickle bread($7) – and made it a combo with a side & tea for an extra $3.50. I chose the side special of the day, spicy mac & cheese, which was like mac & cheese with pico de gallo in it.
Other sandwiches ordered included: a 4-cheese melt (your choice of cheeses) with turkey added; a Colassal PBJ (peanut butter, strawberry jelly, marshmallow fluff & banana, though bacon was substituted for banana); a Smoked Salmon (w/bacon, tomato, cream cheese & lemon caper aioli); and several Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgivings (turkey, gouda, stuffing, ginger-cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese, with a side of gravy for dipping). All were pronounced very delicious.
The teas were very flavorful, as well. I had the special of the day, a blend of Lavendar and Rooibos Tiramisu, which I had sweetened (with honey). Several of us also tried the special Razz Kiwi Saketini drink. It was a nice mixture of sweet and tart, garnished with raspberries and a kiwi slice.
The only warning I would give about eating at Pom Pom’s is there isn’t a lot of seating inside, so during busy periods you may have to take it to go.
It turned out to be a great evening of good food, drink, and the company of new friends.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating the 4th of July 2016 in Central Florida - June 27, 2016
- Marlow’s Tavern Offering Limited Time Burgers & Brews Menu - June 26, 2016
- 101.9 AMP Radio Hosts Electric Bounce House at House of Blues Orlando - June 25, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up June 24, 2016: The COOP, The Sanctum, Crafted - June 24, 2016
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Daytona International Speedway Model - June 23, 2016
- Universal Orlando Releases New Volcano Bay Details - June 22, 2016
- Upcoming Pulse Benefit Events #OrlandoUnited #OrlandoStrong *UPDATED* - June 20, 2016
- All-Star Broadway for Orlando Benefit Single Available Today #OrlandoUnited - June 20, 2016
- Dr Phillips Center to Host Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen OneOrlando Fund Benefit #OrlandoUnited - June 19, 2016
- Imagine Dragons and Nate Ruess to Play #AllIsOne Orlando Benefit at Hard Rock Live - June 19, 2016