If a music festival is more your style for celebrating Halloween, then you’ll want to check out the Suwannee Hulaween Festival at The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida, which runs October 31 through November 2.
This inaugural year of the event features three nights of headliners The String Cheese Incident, as well as an eclectic variety of artists from bluegrass and Americana to organic electronic and experimental rock, including STS9, Big Gigantic, Emancipator, Conspirator, Steve Kimock & Friends, Leftover Salmon and more.
There will also be a visual arts extravaganza called Spirit Lake Promenade, which is a fusion of lights, art installations, and performance art. I’m told it will be like Burning Man meets Electric Forrest.
Advance weekend passes for the festival are $193, and includes all three days of music, and three nights of primitive camping (tents; no hook-ups). You can upgrade to Mummy VIP for $350 or Werewolf VIP for $450, both include extras like VIP bathrooms (shorter lines), VIP viewing areas, and more. Prices will be more if you wait to buy them at the gate. Kids 10 and under are free.
If you can’t make it all three days, there are single day tickets for $80 per day, and these do not include camping. Camping upgrades and RV hook-ups are also available. Call The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park office for help at (386) 364-1683.
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit suwanneehulaween.com.
The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park is about a two to three-hour drive north of Orlando, near the Georgia border.
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017