If a music festival is more your style for celebrating Halloween, then you’ll want to check out the Suwannee Hulaween Festival at The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida, which runs October 31 through November 2.
This inaugural year of the event features three nights of headliners The String Cheese Incident, as well as an eclectic variety of artists from bluegrass and Americana to organic electronic and experimental rock, including STS9, Big Gigantic, Emancipator, Conspirator, Steve Kimock & Friends, Leftover Salmon and more.
There will also be a visual arts extravaganza called Spirit Lake Promenade, which is a fusion of lights, art installations, and performance art. I’m told it will be like Burning Man meets Electric Forrest.
Advance weekend passes for the festival are $193, and includes all three days of music, and three nights of primitive camping (tents; no hook-ups). You can upgrade to Mummy VIP for $350 or Werewolf VIP for $450, both include extras like VIP bathrooms (shorter lines), VIP viewing areas, and more. Prices will be more if you wait to buy them at the gate. Kids 10 and under are free.
If you can’t make it all three days, there are single day tickets for $80 per day, and these do not include camping. Camping upgrades and RV hook-ups are also available. Call The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park office for help at (386) 364-1683.
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit suwanneehulaween.com.
The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park is about a two to three-hour drive north of Orlando, near the Georgia border.
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ From Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dec 4, 2017 - December 4, 2017
- Book of Mormon Returns to Dr Phillips Center Dec 12-17, 2017 - December 3, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Hosts An Evening with Anna Deavere Smith Dec 10, 2017 - December 2, 2017