If a music festival is more your style for celebrating Halloween, then you’ll want to check out the Suwannee Hulaween Festival at The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida, which runs October 31 through November 2.
This inaugural year of the event features three nights of headliners The String Cheese Incident, as well as an eclectic variety of artists from bluegrass and Americana to organic electronic and experimental rock, including STS9, Big Gigantic, Emancipator, Conspirator, Steve Kimock & Friends, Leftover Salmon and more.
There will also be a visual arts extravaganza called Spirit Lake Promenade, which is a fusion of lights, art installations, and performance art. I’m told it will be like Burning Man meets Electric Forrest.
Advance weekend passes for the festival are $193, and includes all three days of music, and three nights of primitive camping (tents; no hook-ups). You can upgrade to Mummy VIP for $350 or Werewolf VIP for $450, both include extras like VIP bathrooms (shorter lines), VIP viewing areas, and more. Prices will be more if you wait to buy them at the gate. Kids 10 and under are free.
If you can’t make it all three days, there are single day tickets for $80 per day, and these do not include camping. Camping upgrades and RV hook-ups are also available. Call The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park office for help at (386) 364-1683.
For more information, or to purchase passes, visit suwanneehulaween.com.
The Sprit of the Suwannee Music Park is about a two to three-hour drive north of Orlando, near the Georgia border.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017