Out and About: Tony Roma’s Introduces New Menu Items for Fall 2013
Posted by: Michelle Snow | on October 25, 2013
Earlier this week, I participated in a dinner with many of my fellow Central Florida bloggers, and during it, we got to sample some of the new menu items at Tony Roma’s restaurants.
We started with Cranberry Romaritas, a signature margarita, while waiting for everyone to arrive. There was also an option to sample Sam Adam’s Octoberfest beer, which would feature as an ingredient in one of the menu items we were to try later.
The brought out three appetizers for us to try. The first was called Screaming Cheese. I grew up on fried cheese (curds, mozzarella, etc), and Tony Roma’s version didn’t disappoint. It had slightly spicy cream cheese inside, so it was creamy soft inside and crispy outside from being fried, and plated with marinara sauce. Very tasty.
Next up was Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Goat Cheese sauce. If you like Buffalo chicken wings, you’ll enjoy this variation. Inside the fried wonton wrappers was a spicy chicken mixture, with crumbles of bleu cheese on top.
The final appetizer was my favorite: Pulled Pork Tacos. They were served in a crispy wonton shell and topped with an apple cider cole slaw and a ribbon of sriracha sauce. The overall affect was sweet, tangy, and spicy all in one bite.
We then moved on to a trio of new entrees. First up was Filet Medallions with a Sam Adams mushroom sauce, served with smoked asparagus. The filet was cooked medium well, and though I couldn’t try the sauce made with Sam Adams Octoberfest beer, due to a mushroom allergy, the rest of our table enjoyed it.
I should note that Tony Roma’s is donating $1 from each purchase of the Filet medallions dish sold between now and December 31st to Americans for the Arts in support of music and arts.
Roasted chicken with root vegetables, served with rice pilaf, was next. It was a bone-in, skin on chicken, which some at our table found hard to eat without using their fingers. It was tender, moist, and very flavorful.
Our final entree was short ribs in a cranberry sauce, served with dollops of mashed red potatoes and mashed spiced sweet potatoes. The short ribs were very tender, and the sauce added a tangy bite to the dish. I’m sensetive to salt, so it was a bit salty for me, but the rest of the table disagreed with me.
We were all ready to have to roll ourselves out from all the delicious food when they brought out a seasonal cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert. The cobbler featured apples, pears, cranberries, and a brown sugar/cinnamon crumble crust. It was a nice way to finish the meal.
Tony Roma’s will start rolling out the new menu items starting in November. They also announced they will be opening a new location in Winter Park. For more information, or to find a location near you, visit tonyromas.com.
Thank you to Tony Roma’s for inviting us, and to chef Bob Gallagher for answering my many questions about the menu items.
Thanks also to Chatter Buzz Media for their informative SEO talk during our dinner.
Disclosure: We were invited to sample the new menu by Tony Roma’s, but our opinions here at CitySurfing Orlando are honest and completely independent.
About Michelle SnowMichelle is the owner and editor of CitySurfing Orlando. She also is a freelance writer specializing in travel and entertainment, and has authored/co-authored four guidebooks on Orlando and Florida. She lives in Orlando near Disney, and hears Magic Kingdom fireworks every night.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Shares Smoked Chicken Wings Recipe - February 1, 2015
- Less Than Jake to Rock House of Blues Orlando February 3 - January 31, 2015
- Out and About: Grand Opening of Rock & Brews Oviedo with Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons - January 31, 2015
- Chayanne Returns to Orlando at the Amway Center August 2, 2015 - January 30, 2015
- American Q Offers Three New Value-Driven Promotions for 2015 - January 30, 2015
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Great Game Day Wings Around Orlando - January 29, 2015
- Several Stores Announced For Disney Springs at Walt Disney World - January 28, 2015
- Alyssa Harrison to Hold EP Release Party at Orlando Brewing on January 30, 2015 - January 28, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando Wild Days Goes for Second Weekend with Guest Bindi Irwin Jan 31-Feb 1 - January 27, 2015
- Get Admission to Aquatica Orlando for Only $8 Select Weekends in February and March - January 27, 2015