Tomorrowland, the Disney movie starting George Clooney, is slated to film scenes in New Smyrna Beach in November.
The movie was written, and will be directed by, Brad Bird (who also had a hand in Disney Pixar classics such as The Incredibles and Up). Also starring in the film are Hugh Laurie, Britt Robertson, Raffey Cassidy, and country music star Tim McGraw.
The IMDB synopsis reads: “Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory.”
It will be a three day shoot (Nov. 12-15), and publicists for the film are not releasing any details on which of its stars will be in town for filming.
There is also a rumor that filming may also come to Orlando, but nothing has been confirmed as of this morning.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017