I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Franklin’s Friends Hosts Howl-O-Ween Dog Walk Oct 22, 2016 - September 26, 2016
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular Brings Family Fun to Orlando Weekends in October - September 25, 2016
- ARTlando 2016 Returns to Orlando for Free Show Oct 1 - September 24, 2016
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida for Halloween Fun for Families #BuiltForKids - September 24, 2016
- Halo Circus feat. Allison Iraheta to Rock Will’s Pub October 5 - September 23, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up Sept 23, 2016: 4 Rivers, Da Kine Poke, Gringos Locos - September 23, 2016
- Sully Erna Brings Hometown Tour to Plaza Live! Orlando in October - September 22, 2016
- Ribs & Whiskey Menu Returns to Marlow’s Tavern - September 21, 2016
- First Sneak Peek of LEGOLAND Florida’s Upcoming Beach Retreat Resort #BuiltForKids - September 21, 2016
- Out and About: Hailee Steinfeld at CFE Arena September 18, 2016 - September 20, 2016