I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017