Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Celebrates UCF Location Opening with Free Pizza on September 4 - September 4, 2015
- OrlandoiX is Only One Month Away…Are You Ready? - September 3, 2015
- Morimoto Asia to Open at Disney Springs September 30 - September 3, 2015
- Tapa Toro Celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month With Special Lunch and Dinner Menus - September 2, 2015
- First Responders Honored With Free Admission at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa in September - September 2, 2015
- Mango’s Tropical Cafe Posts Construction Video Update on Orlando Location - September 1, 2015
- Orlando Dining News Round-up for September 1, 2015 - September 1, 2015
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort to Get Expansion - August 31, 2015
- Orange County Regional History Center Announces Lower Prices for Visitors - August 29, 2015
- Artists to Sketch Mummies at Orlando Science Center on August 31 - August 28, 2015