I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017
- Out and About: Main Event at Pointe Orlando Offers Great Fun and Food for Everyone - March 10, 2017