Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- American Q Invites Orlando to Enjoy Their New Thursday Night Throwdown Hoedown - July 29, 2015
- Enter to Win a $50 Gift Certificate For #BacktoSchool Shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores #lbvfs - July 29, 2015
- Actor Kevin Bacon Takes the #GKTWChallenge at Give Kids the World Village in Kissimmee - July 28, 2015
- Edgewood to Kick off 1st Saturdays Food Truck Extravaganza on August 1 - July 28, 2015
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Hosts 3rd Annual Free Open House on August 1, 2015 - July 27, 2015
- Main Street Restaurant Week Comes to Orlando August 1-8, 2015 - July 27, 2015
- Whitesnake to Rock Central Florida for Three Dates in August - July 26, 2015
- Osborne Lights Return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios Starting November 6, 2015 - July 26, 2015
- Lafayette’s Will Soft Open Dinner Hours This Weekend With Full Hours Starting July 27 - July 25, 2015
- Payano Vs Warren: Premier Boxing Champions Airs Live from Full Sail University Winter Park on August 2 - July 24, 2015