Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- American Q Hosts Memorial Weekend Sunday BBQ at B Resort May 24 - May 22, 2015
- Teen Heartthrob Ross Lynch Visits Madame Tussauds Orlando to Unveil His Wax Figure - May 22, 2015
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort To Open For Brunch Starting May 31 - May 21, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Change Ticket Prices This Week - May 21, 2015
- Sunset Music Festival Will Make Tampa Dance May 23-24, 2015 - May 20, 2015
- Jack is Back for Halloween Horror Nights 25 at Universal Orlando! #HHN25 - May 20, 2015
- New Restaurant to Open at SeaWorld Orlando This Summer - May 19, 2015
- Get Ready to Meet a Dinosaur at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure - May 19, 2015
- Walt Disney World Announces 13 New Retail and Dining Experiences Coming to Disney Springs - May 18, 2015
- WMMO Presents Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo in their Free Downtown Concert Series May 23, 2015 - May 18, 2015