Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Universal Orlando Releases First Promo for Halloween Horror Nights 25 - March 6, 2015
- Orlando City Soccer Club Hosts #FilledtheBowl Weekend Kick-Off Events - March 5, 2015
- New I-Drive Four Pass Combo Ticket Allows Admission to Four I-Drive Attractions - March 5, 2015
- WonderGround Gallery Expansion Holds Grand Opening at Downtown Disney Marketplace March 6-7, 2015 - March 4, 2015
- Dickey’s Barbeque Pit Opens Newest Orlando Area Restaurant With 3-Day Blowout Starting March 5 - March 4, 2015
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Offers Flora, Food, and Fun through May 17, 2015 - March 4, 2015
- Emily Kopp Returns to Orlando for a Show at BackBooth March 6, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Toby Keith and Lynyrd Skynyrd Headline First Weekend of Bands, Brew & BBQ at SeaWorld Orlando March 7-8, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House Hosts Veuve Clicquot Champagne Dinner March 19, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Blues Artist Ray Bonneville to Play Free Show at House of Blues Orlando March 7, 2015 - March 2, 2015