Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Garden Rocks Concerts Line-Up Announced for 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - February 5, 2016
- Orlando Dining Round-Up February 5, 2016: Nine Dragons, Rosen College, Orlando Brewing, Pharmacy - February 5, 2016
- LEGOLAND Florida Hosting LEGO Movie 4D Weekends in February 2016 - February 4, 2016
- Swine & Sons in Winter Park Launches Online Ordering February 5, 2016 - February 4, 2016
- Win 2 Tickets to 34th Annual Antiques Vintage and Garden Show at Orlando Museum of Art Feb 19-21 - February 4, 2016
- Kung Fu Panda Arrives at Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 3, 2016
- Nickelodeon Suites to Become Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites & Waterpark - February 3, 2016
- Astronauts Brian Duffy and Scott Parazynski To Be Inducted Into United States Astronaut Hall of Fame - February 2, 2016
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster Rebuilds at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure - February 2, 2016
- Walt Disney World to Live Stream Fantasmic! on February 2, 2016 - February 1, 2016