I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Neil Diamond’s 50 Year Anniversary World Tour Comes to Amalie Arena in Tampa April 2017 - December 7, 2016
- Catch An American in Paris at Dr Phillips Center Dec 13-18 - December 6, 2016
- 2017 Florida Strawberry Festival Announces Headliner Entertainment - December 5, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up December 2, 2016: MidiCi, Tapa Toro, Shake Shack - December 2, 2016
- Barbra Streisand Wows Crowd at Tampa Concert - December 1, 2016
- Sheryl Crow to Play Dr. Phillips Center April 2017 - December 1, 2016
- Nintendo-Themed Area Coming to Universal Orlando - November 30, 2016
- AKC Canine Extravaganza Brings Everything Dog to Orlando Dec 17-18, 2016 - November 29, 2016
- Out and About: Christmas at Gaylord Palms is Great Family Fun - November 28, 2016
- Out and About: ICE! at Gaylord Palms features A Charlie Brown Christmas for 2016 - November 27, 2016