Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Out and About: Howard Jones at Velvet Sessions at the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - March 31, 2015
- Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler Played Around at Walt Disney World Last Week - March 31, 2015
- Out and About: #OrlandoMeetandSweet Delivers the Treats to Sample - March 30, 2015
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Easter Brunch in Orlando - March 30, 2015
- 2015 Florida Film Festival Includes Several Food Events - March 30, 2015
- Jimmy Fallon Gets Five New Wax Figures Including One Coming to Madam Tussauds Orlando #MTFallonGetsWaxed - March 29, 2015
- Enter to Win a $50 Gift Certificate for Spring Shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores #lbvfs #springdeals - March 29, 2015
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto Soft Opens at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort March 28 - March 28, 2015
- Clyde and Seamore’s Sea Lion High to Open at SeaWorld Orlando April 16, 2015 - March 28, 2015
- American Heart Association Hosts National Walking Day April 1 at Lake Eola Park #LaceUpOrlando - March 27, 2015