Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong Coming to Universal Orlando in 2016 - May 6, 2015
- Universal Orlando Teases New Attraction at Islands of Adventure - May 6, 2015
- Out and About: SEA LIFE Aquarium Brings World’s Oceans to Orlando - May 5, 2015
- Viva la Música Heats Up SeaWorld Orlando with Elvis Crespo on May 9, 2015 - May 5, 2015
- The Orlando Eye, SEA LIFE Aquarium, and Madame Tussauds Host Grand Opening May 4, 2015 - May 5, 2015
- Hard Rock Cafe Announces Lineup For First #WorldBurgerTour - May 4, 2015
- Out and About: The Orlando Eye Offers Exhilarating View of Central Florida - May 4, 2015
- Margaritaville Orlando Celebrates National Burger Month with Two Limited Edition Burgers - May 3, 2015
- Out and About: Nik Wallenda Sets Record with Walk on The Orlando Eye - May 1, 2015
- Bookmark It Hosts Locally Grown Words Summer Book Fair at East End Market May 3, 2015 - April 30, 2015