Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Out and About: American Q Offers Lip-Smacking BBQ Menu at B Hotel Near Disney - September 21, 2014
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios to End Studio Backlot Tour September 27, 2014 - September 20, 2014
- Halloween Horror Nights 24 Opens at Universal Orlando - September 20, 2014
- Orlando Brewing Kicks Off Oktoberfest Celebrations September 20, 2014 - September 19, 2014
- Frozen to Have Bigger Presence at Magic Kingdom for Holidays - September 19, 2014
- Bret Michaels to Rock Velvet Sessions at Hard Rock Hotel Orlando on September 25, 2014 - September 18, 2014
- Out and About: Cirque du Soleil’s Varekai Entertains All at the Amway Center - September 18, 2014
- Universal Orlando Announces Plans for Loews Sapphire Falls Resort to Open 2016 - September 17, 2014
- Moe’s Southwest Grill Offers Free Queso Day September 18, 2014 #TeamQueso - September 16, 2014
- Orange County Library System Annual Fall Book Sale Returns September 18-21, 2014 - September 15, 2014