Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Watch the SpaceX Falcon 9 Launch from Kennedy Space Center on January 6, 2015 - December 17, 2014
- American Q Offers New Holiday Drinks and Dessert for December - December 15, 2014
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents CIRCUS XTREME at Amway Center January 8-11, 2015 – With Discount Code! - December 14, 2014
- Christmas In The Shire Offers Free Holiday Light Extravaganza in Orlando - December 13, 2014
- Divas Dinner Theatre to Replace Mills Brewpub - December 12, 2014
- Enjoy the 2Oth Annual Enchanted Christmas at Back To Nature Wildlife Refuge on December 13, 2014 - December 11, 2014
- The Vampire Diaries Official Convention Returns to Orlando December 12-14, 2014 #TvdOrlando - December 10, 2014
- Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS to Host Rock & Brews Oviedo Grand Opening For Charity January 6, 2015 - December 8, 2014
- Out and About: Marvel Universe LIVE! Brings Superheroes to Life For Families at the Amway Center - December 6, 2014
- Meet the Brains Behind the Orion Spacecraft at Orlando Science Center December 6-7, 2014 - December 5, 2014