Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Garden Rocks Concert Line-Up Announced for Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Gatorland Breaks Ground on New Fun Spot America Attraction - January 24, 2015
- Parking Information for Sold-Out Monster Jam 2015 at Orlando Citrus Bowl - January 23, 2015
- Tin Roof Orlando Celebrates Grand Opening on January 24, 2015 - January 23, 2015
- 7th Annual Orlando Home & Garden Show Returns to O.C.C.C. January 23-25, 2015 - January 22, 2015
- Out and About: American Gymkhana Spices Up Brunch in Orlando - January 22, 2015
- Meet Monster Jam Monster Truck Drivers Around Orlando January 22 & 23, 2015 - January 21, 2015
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Entertainment for Food and Wine Fest in March - January 21, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando Kicks Off Wild Days with Julie Scardina and Penguin Lovers’ Weekend January 24-25 - January 20, 2015
- The Friends of the Library Winter Book Sale Takes Place January 22-25, 2015 - January 20, 2015