Out and About: Dining at Abuelo’s at The Loop in Kissimmee
I happened to be shopping in The Loop in Kissimmee when hunger struck. Looking across the parking lot, I spotted Abuelo’s, and since I always like checking out new Tex-Mex places, I headed over to try it out.
Abuelo’s is a chain restaurant, and it felt like one. The interior was designed to look like a Mexican courtyard. It was shortly before noon, so the place was rather empty. My friend and I were seated in a booth, and our server took our order rather fast.
The restaurant has a lunch specials section of the menu, so we chose from that. We both got the Durango burrito ($8.95), which contained a shredded beef filling. It was topped with chile con queso, and served with guacamole, refried beans, and a choice of papas con chile (spicy mashed potatoes) or Mexican rice. We also enjoyed the complimentary chips and fresh made salsa.
The food was served very hot, so we had to wait for it to cool down. It was very tasty, and portions were large. We both ended up taking some home.
Abuelo’s is a good restaurant to satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex, if you happen to be in the Kissimmee area. Lunch prices are less than dinner prices, if you’re watching your dining budget.
Abuelo’s is located at 2431 W. Osceola Pkwy, and the phone is 407-870-0901. Hours are 11am-9pm Sunday through Thursday; 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday. They also have a gluten-free menu.
- Dumpstaphunk to Open for Jorma Kaukonen at Plaza Live on October 25, 2014 - October 22, 2014
- Four Seasons Resorts Food Truck Coming to Orlando October 27 – 28, 2014 - October 20, 2014
- Orlando City Soccer Club Breaks Ground on New Downtown Stadium - October 19, 2014
- Taverna Opa Orlando Hosts Haunted Casino Benefit for Give Kids The World October 29, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater presents The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley Oct 23 – Nov 22, 2014 - October 17, 2014
- American Q at B Resort & Spa Offers Awesome Daily Happy Hour - October 17, 2014
- Experience the Asian Cultural Expo and Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival October 18, 2014 - October 16, 2014
- Music on Mills Brings the Party to Mills Ave in Orlando October 18, 2014 - October 15, 2014
- Celebrate the 8th Annual Oktoberfest in the Town of Celebration October 17-18, 2014 - October 14, 2014
- Enjoy Fall Fun at Tinney Farms Corn Maze, Pumpkin Patch & Fall Festival - October 13, 2014