Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Out and About: Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Orlando CityWalk - May 24, 2016
- Mad Cow Theater Presents Avenue Q Starting June 3 - May 23, 2016
- Chris Botti & Joshua Bell to Play Dr Phillips Center June 11 - May 23, 2016
- Out and About: Mango’s Orlando Brings New Level of Nightlife to Orlando - May 22, 2016
- Hard Rock Cafe’s World Burger Tour Available Through June - May 21, 2016
- Orlando Dining Round-Up May 21, 2016: Shake Shack, Disney Dining, 33 & Melt - May 20, 2016
- Kipling Celebrates Grand Opening at Disney Springs May 20-22 - May 19, 2016
- Special Olympics Florida 2016 State Summer Games Come to ESPN Wide World of Sports - May 19, 2016
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum Hosts ‘Displacement: Symbols and Journeys’ This Summer - May 18, 2016
- Goo Goo Dolls to Play Central Florida in August 2016 - May 17, 2016