Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Chris Hardwick Brings His Funcomfortable Tour to Central Florida for Two August Shows - August 1, 2015
- Nathin Hardin Appointed Chef de Cuisine at Highball & Harvest at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes - July 31, 2015
- 2015 Florida Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday Returns in August - July 31, 2015
- The Dead Daisies to Open for Whitesnake on Three Central Florida Dates - July 30, 2015
- Beatlemania Hits Madame Tussauds Orlando for a Limited Time - July 30, 2015
- Orlando’s Emily Kopp Kills It In New Fun Video for “Crusin'” - July 29, 2015
- American Q Invites Orlando to Enjoy Their New Thursday Night Throwdown Hoedown - July 29, 2015
- Enter to Win a $50 Gift Certificate For #BacktoSchool Shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores #lbvfs - July 29, 2015
- Actor Kevin Bacon Takes the #GKTWChallenge at Give Kids the World Village in Kissimmee - July 28, 2015
- Edgewood to Kick off 1st Saturdays Food Truck Extravaganza on August 1 - July 28, 2015