Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Jim Breuer Brings the Laughs to Plaza Live Orlando March 5, 2015 - February 27, 2015
- American Q Introduces Breakfast Cocktails to Menu - February 27, 2015
- Universal Orlando Next Park to Raise Ticket Prices Again - February 27, 2015
- Betty Wright Headlines 9th Annual City of Orlando Blues B-Q Feb 28, 2015 - February 26, 2015
- Walmart $5 Day Returns to Orlando Science Center March 1, 2015 - February 26, 2015
- Clermont Holds Grand Opening for Boathouse on February 28, 2015 - February 26, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando Bans Dolphin Feeding at Park - February 25, 2015
- Marlow’s Tavern Serves Up Bayou ‘n Bourbon Menu Through March 24, 2015 - February 25, 2015
- Central Florida Fair Returns to Orlando Feb 26 – March 8, 2015 - February 25, 2015
- Comcast Confirms King Kong to Return to Universal Orlando - February 24, 2015