Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- American Ninja Warrior Show to Film at Universal Orlando in May 2015 - April 25, 2015
- Out and About: Artegon Marketplace Offers a Place to Shop and Support Local Businesses - April 25, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando Teases New Rollercoaster for 2016 #nothingfaster - April 24, 2015
- Sounds Like Summer Tribute Concert Series Returns to Epcot Starting June 7, 2015 - April 24, 2015
- Trilogy Orlando Hosts The Good Life Festival with Blood, Sweat & Tears, Bo Bice, and Lou Gramm April 25 - April 23, 2015
- Whisper Creek Farm: The Kitchen and The Brewery Opens at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes - April 23, 2015
- Out and About: Peter Hook Brings Joy Division and New Order Favorites to Plaza Live Orlando - April 22, 2015
- Universal Orlando to Host 25th Anniversary Concert Series Starting May 23 - April 22, 2015
- Central Florida Sounds of Freedom Band and Color Guard Presents Spring Concert April 26, 2015 - April 21, 2015
- Out and About: Sea Lion High Debuts at SeaWorld Orlando - April 20, 2015