On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- The Capital Grille Hosts Chef Night at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Oct 26 - October 22, 2016
- Demolition Starts for The Delaney Hotel and Delaney’s Tavern in Downtown South - October 20, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Rescue Team Cares for 800-Pound Pregnant Manatee - October 20, 2016
- Romance Authors Come to Orlando for Shameless Book Con Oct 21-23 - October 19, 2016
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces Opening Date for LEGO Ninjago Attraction - October 18, 2016
- Sia Brings Tour to Amway Center in Orlando Oct 30 - October 18, 2016
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for Fifth Anniversary Oct 22-23, 2016 - October 17, 2016
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Night Ranger October 27 - October 16, 2016
- Cows ‘N Cabs Returns to Winter Park Oct 22, 2016 - October 15, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up October 14 2016: Christner’s, The Meatball Stoppe, Central Florida Veg Fest - October 14, 2016