On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up for 2017 Food & Wine Fest - February 24, 2017
- Central Florida Fair Returns to Orlando Mar 2-19, 2017 - February 23, 2017
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017