Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill Offers Free Queso Day September 18, 2014 #TeamQueso - September 16, 2014
- Orange County Library System Annual Fall Book Sale Returns September 18-21, 2014 - September 15, 2014
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios Extends Frozen Fun Through the Holidays - September 14, 2014
- One Direction to Promote New Album with Appearance at Universal Orlando November 17, 2014 - September 14, 2014
- Walt Disney World to Close Maelstrom at Epcot in October for Frozen Attraction - September 13, 2014
- Usher Brings The UR Experience to the Amway Center December 12, 2014 #URXTOUR - September 13, 2014
- James Taylor and His All-Star Band to Play the Amway Center November 18, 2014 - September 11, 2014
- Out and About: Yard House Orlando Offers Great Happy Hour - September 10, 2014
- ShinJung Korean BBQ Celebrates 20th Anniversary September 11 with Free Bento Boxes - September 9, 2014
- KaBOOM! Play Together Tour Powered by Disney Parks Comes to Kissimmee September 13-14, 2014 - September 8, 2014