On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017