Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Seminole Towne Center and Waterford Lakes Town Center Host Back-To-School Promotions - July 28, 2016
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Starts Alcohol Delivery in Orlando Area Via Shipt July 27 - July 26, 2016
- Krispy Kreme and The Salvation Army Launch Annual Stuff the Bus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2016
- 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Menus - July 24, 2016
- Additional Fun & Tasty Orlando Taste of the Nation Fundraising Events #OrlTaste - July 23, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 22, 2016: Emeril’s Orlando, DoveCote, Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops - July 22, 2016
- Orlando Taste of the Nation Returns Aug 27 with Great Food for a Great Cause #OrlTaste - July 21, 2016
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong Officially Opens at Universal Orlando - July 20, 2016
- #DisneyParksLIVE to Stream Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks July 18 - July 18, 2016
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day at These Six Orlando Shops - July 17, 2016