Out and About: Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly at Waterford Lakes in Orlando @SweetByHolly
On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Dine Out for #OrlandoUnited on June 30 - June 29, 2016
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating the 4th of July 2016 in Central Florida - June 27, 2016
- Marlow’s Tavern Offering Limited Time Burgers & Brews Menu - June 26, 2016
- 101.9 AMP Radio Hosts Electric Bounce House at House of Blues Orlando - June 25, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up June 24, 2016: The COOP, The Sanctum, Crafted - June 24, 2016
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Daytona International Speedway Model - June 23, 2016
- Universal Orlando Releases New Volcano Bay Details - June 22, 2016
- Upcoming Pulse Benefit Events #OrlandoUnited #OrlandoStrong *UPDATED* - June 20, 2016
- All-Star Broadway for Orlando Benefit Single Available Today #OrlandoUnited - June 20, 2016
- Dr Phillips Center to Host Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen OneOrlando Fund Benefit #OrlandoUnited - June 19, 2016