Some of Orlando’s best restaurants are little hole-in-the-wall family owned places, and Border Grill definitely fits that bill.
Located near Universal Orlando, a block from the intersection of Vineland Rd and Kirkman Rd, the eatery is located in a small strip mall. It’s had many incarnations over the years, but I’m hoping this one stays for a long while.
There’s limited seating inside, but we lucked out and got the only table for four next to the window. The restaurant has a regular menu, along with a chalkboard next to the register with daily specials.
We ordered chips and salsa ($1.55) to share, and then we each ordered a chimichanga meal ($6.50), all with shredded beef (other choices include asada, carnitas, or grilled chicken). We also ordered fresh made watermelon water and horchata ($1.85 each) to drink.
The chimis were cooked to order, topped with nacho cheese, and served with sides of lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, beans and rice. The food was flavorful (even the rice, which at most places ends up being bland and dry), and a great value for the price.
I would definitely recommend Border Grill if you want fresh, great-tasting Mexican food at a wallet-friendly price. The only thing that would make this place better is more seating.
Border Grill is located at 5695-A Vineland Rd. Phone is 407-352-0101. Hours are Monday through Saturday 11am to midnight; closed on Sunday.
- Brad Paisley to Perform Free Orlando Show for Camping World Kickoff Weekend - August 27, 2016
- Win 4 Tickets to Cirque du Soleil OVO at Amway Center Sept 21 - August 26, 2016
- Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown Rock Two Central Florida Dates in December - August 25, 2016
- Planet Hollywood Disney Springs Teams With Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri for New Menu - August 24, 2016
- OrlandoiX Announces 2016 Featured Speakers - August 23, 2016
- Out and About: Chuy’s 2016 Green Chile Fest Menu is Here and It’s Delicious! #chuysgreenchilefest - August 22, 2016
- Meet TV Faves for Charity at Fan Fest Orlando Sept 17 #FanFestOrlando - August 21, 2016
- Save the Date: Cows ‘n Cabs Returns October 22, 2016 - August 21, 2016
- The Repository to Open During Halloween Horror Nights 26 at Universal Orlando #HHN26 - August 20, 2016
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hosts Sandtastic Weekends Aug 26-28 & Sept 2-4 - August 20, 2016