Some of Orlando’s best restaurants are little hole-in-the-wall family owned places, and Border Grill definitely fits that bill.
Located near Universal Orlando, a block from the intersection of Vineland Rd and Kirkman Rd, the eatery is located in a small strip mall. It’s had many incarnations over the years, but I’m hoping this one stays for a long while.
There’s limited seating inside, but we lucked out and got the only table for four next to the window. The restaurant has a regular menu, along with a chalkboard next to the register with daily specials.
We ordered chips and salsa ($1.55) to share, and then we each ordered a chimichanga meal ($6.50), all with shredded beef (other choices include asada, carnitas, or grilled chicken). We also ordered fresh made watermelon water and horchata ($1.85 each) to drink.
The chimis were cooked to order, topped with nacho cheese, and served with sides of lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, beans and rice. The food was flavorful (even the rice, which at most places ends up being bland and dry), and a great value for the price.
I would definitely recommend Border Grill if you want fresh, great-tasting Mexican food at a wallet-friendly price. The only thing that would make this place better is more seating.
Border Grill is located at 5695-A Vineland Rd. Phone is 407-352-0101. Hours are Monday through Saturday 11am to midnight; closed on Sunday.
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017