Some of Orlando’s best restaurants are little hole-in-the-wall family owned places, and Border Grill definitely fits that bill.
Located near Universal Orlando, a block from the intersection of Vineland Rd and Kirkman Rd, the eatery is located in a small strip mall. It’s had many incarnations over the years, but I’m hoping this one stays for a long while.
There’s limited seating inside, but we lucked out and got the only table for four next to the window. The restaurant has a regular menu, along with a chalkboard next to the register with daily specials.
We ordered chips and salsa ($1.55) to share, and then we each ordered a chimichanga meal ($6.50), all with shredded beef (other choices include asada, carnitas, or grilled chicken). We also ordered fresh made watermelon water and horchata ($1.85 each) to drink.
The chimis were cooked to order, topped with nacho cheese, and served with sides of lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, beans and rice. The food was flavorful (even the rice, which at most places ends up being bland and dry), and a great value for the price.
I would definitely recommend Border Grill if you want fresh, great-tasting Mexican food at a wallet-friendly price. The only thing that would make this place better is more seating.
Border Grill is located at 5695-A Vineland Rd. Phone is 407-352-0101. Hours are Monday through Saturday 11am to midnight; closed on Sunday.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017