Out and About: Having a Snack at Splitsville at Downtown Disney in Orlando
After catching a movie at the Downtown Disney AMC Theaters, my roommate and I decided to go next door and grab a quick snack at the new Splitsville Luxury Lanes.
Housed in the building that formerly held the Virgin Megastore, the interior has been completely remodeled – even the escalators have been moved to the side of the building.
It was a weekday afternoon, but most of the bowling lanes were full. Not many were there to eat, though, so we were seated immediately on the first floor between two sets of lanes.
We decided to split the Loaded Fries ($10), which were described as “fries smothered with nacho cheese, bacon, ranch dressing, scallions and love.”
It was very tasty, even though the cheese did taste like it came from a can. We were disappointed with the portion size, though. For $10, I expected a full plate of fries, but there was plenty of bare plate showing around the appetizer. So even though it tasted good, I wouldn’t order it again.
There were other main items on the menu, and we may be back to try those.
Splitsville Luxury Lanes is located at Downtown Disney’s West Side, between DisneyQuest and the AMC Theaters.
Have you eaten here? What do you think?
- Be in the Audience When NBC’s TODAY Show Airs Live at Universal Orlando May 29 - May 26, 2015
- Rescured Manatee Sporting Life-Saving Wetsuit Courtesy of SeaWorld Orlando Animal Rescue - May 26, 2015
- Kennedy Space Center to Induct Four Space Shuttle Astronauts into 2015 U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame May 30 - May 25, 2015
- Raptor Encounter Opens at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure - May 25, 2015
- Christner’s Summer Wine Dinner Series Returns Starting May 29 - May 24, 2015
- Project: Time Off Week Declared in Central Florida to Welcome #IPW2015 to Orlando - May 24, 2015
- Out and About: Surviving the 24-Hour Day at Magic Kingdom #Disney24 - May 24, 2015
- Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen at Orlando World Center Marriott Names New Chef de Cuisine - May 23, 2015
- Harambe Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Officially Opens Today! - May 23, 2015
- American Q Hosts Memorial Weekend Sunday BBQ at B Resort May 24 - May 22, 2015