Ringling Bros. Put on Great Show at Orlando Stop of Built to Amaze! Tour
On opening night (January 10) of the Ringling Bros.and Barnum & Bailey circus touring show, Built to Amaze!, in Orlando, Florida, we were invited to join other local bloggers and writers in a suite at the Amway Center to watch the show.
We missed the opening pre-show entertainment waiting in line for our tickets at will call, but we made it in right before the main show got under way.
Now, I grew up in a town that was home to the Ringling Bros. circus and my first job was even with a circus, but this was the first time I’d seen one in over 10 years. I wasn’t sure what to expect, since our family blogger, Carol, had seen the show in Tampa and not really enjoyed it.Well, whatever went wrong at that first show, it wasn’t the same show here in Orlando. The show I saw was fun, energetic, and entertaining. At least to myself, my guest, and those I talked to that night.
There were several acts that performed during the evening, and in between, there would be clowns or other things going on. There was always movement happening on the circus floor, and even in the air. Sometimes it was hard to decide where to look.
Among my favorite acts were Tabayara and his ring of tigers. Such beautiful and graceful animals.
The Fijord, Friesian and Arab horses were also graceful and favorites of both Patti and I.My other favorites were the daredevils in the Wheel of Steel. Two wheels spun around as four acrobats (including one woman) maneuvered both inside and outside each wheel.
There were some parts I didn’t like. The ringmaster’s singing voice wasn’t the best, and he sang a lot. Also, the way the lighting rigs were set up, if you were in the 3rd level or higher (like we were), some parts of the show were blocked by lights. I couldn’t see the high wire act very well because of the rigs.
But over all, Built to Amaze! was a good show, and entertaining for all ages. It is here in Orlando through tomorrow, January 13, 2013. Tickets start at only $15, making it a great reason to bring the whole family for a fun time at the circus.
- AAA, Bud Light To Offer Tow To Go Program Thanksgiving Weekend 2014 in Orlando - November 25, 2014
- Enzian Hosts Month-Long Tribute to Robin Williams in December 2014 - November 25, 2014
- Win a Family 4-Pack of Tickets to Marvel Universe Live! at Amway Center December 7, 2014 - November 23, 2014
- Gingerbread House Now Up at Disney’s Grand Floridian - November 21, 2014
- Ivanhoe Village Celebrates Jingle Eve on November 22, 2014 - November 20, 2014
- Skyscraper Roller Coaster Track Design Revealed in Video - November 19, 2014
- Our Picks for Celebrating Thanksgiving 2014 in Orlando - November 18, 2014
- The List of Narrators for 2014 Candlelight Processional at Epcot at Walt Disney World - November 17, 2014
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando Receives Five Diamond Award by AAA @FSOrlando - November 15, 2014
- Light Up UCF Returns For 2014 Holiday Season Starting November 14 - November 14, 2014