Ringling Bros. Put on Great Show at Orlando Stop of Built to Amaze! Tour
On opening night (January 10) of the Ringling Bros.and Barnum & Bailey circus touring show, Built to Amaze!, in Orlando, Florida, we were invited to join other local bloggers and writers in a suite at the Amway Center to watch the show.
We missed the opening pre-show entertainment waiting in line for our tickets at will call, but we made it in right before the main show got under way.
Now, I grew up in a town that was home to the Ringling Bros. circus and my first job was even with a circus, but this was the first time I’d seen one in over 10 years. I wasn’t sure what to expect, since our family blogger, Carol, had seen the show in Tampa and not really enjoyed it.Well, whatever went wrong at that first show, it wasn’t the same show here in Orlando. The show I saw was fun, energetic, and entertaining. At least to myself, my guest, and those I talked to that night.
There were several acts that performed during the evening, and in between, there would be clowns or other things going on. There was always movement happening on the circus floor, and even in the air. Sometimes it was hard to decide where to look.
Among my favorite acts were Tabayara and his ring of tigers. Such beautiful and graceful animals.
The Fijord, Friesian and Arab horses were also graceful and favorites of both Patti and I.My other favorites were the daredevils in the Wheel of Steel. Two wheels spun around as four acrobats (including one woman) maneuvered both inside and outside each wheel.
There were some parts I didn’t like. The ringmaster’s singing voice wasn’t the best, and he sang a lot. Also, the way the lighting rigs were set up, if you were in the 3rd level or higher (like we were), some parts of the show were blocked by lights. I couldn’t see the high wire act very well because of the rigs.
But over all, Built to Amaze! was a good show, and entertaining for all ages. It is here in Orlando through tomorrow, January 13, 2013. Tickets start at only $15, making it a great reason to bring the whole family for a fun time at the circus.
- Dumpstaphunk to Open for Jorma Kaukonen at Plaza Live on October 25, 2014 - October 22, 2014
- Four Seasons Resorts Food Truck Coming to Orlando October 27 – 28, 2014 - October 20, 2014
- Orlando City Soccer Club Breaks Ground on New Downtown Stadium - October 19, 2014
- Taverna Opa Orlando Hosts Haunted Casino Benefit for Give Kids The World October 29, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater presents The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley Oct 23 – Nov 22, 2014 - October 17, 2014
- American Q at B Resort & Spa Offers Awesome Daily Happy Hour - October 17, 2014
- Experience the Asian Cultural Expo and Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival October 18, 2014 - October 16, 2014
- Music on Mills Brings the Party to Mills Ave in Orlando October 18, 2014 - October 15, 2014
- Celebrate the 8th Annual Oktoberfest in the Town of Celebration October 17-18, 2014 - October 14, 2014
- Enjoy Fall Fun at Tinney Farms Corn Maze, Pumpkin Patch & Fall Festival - October 13, 2014