If you didn’t get enough Star Wars at the convention here in Orlando, last month, then the Force will be with you this month at the Orlando History Center.
“Galactic Encounter Day” takes place on Saturday, September 15, 2012, from 10:30am to 3pm.
As with years past, the 501st Legion: Vader’s Fist will march through Heritage Square downtown, beginning at 11am. The parade is free to watch, but I suggest lining up early, as a lot of people show up for this.
After, the History Center will continue the fun with opportunities to build your own light saber; enjoy “Blue Milk,” “Wookie Cookies,” and “Yoda Juice”; and work alongside a LEGO® Master Builder to construct a foot-tall R2-D2 model.
There will also be photo opportunities with Star Wars characters.
Galactic Encounter Day activities are included with general admission to the History Center. Adults are $9, seniors and military are $7, and ages 5-12 are $6.
For more information, visit thehistorycenter.org.
The Orlando History Center is located downtown at 65 E. Central Blvd. Phone is 407-836-8500.
[Image courtesy of the Orlando History Center]
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ From Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dec 4, 2017 - December 4, 2017
- Book of Mormon Returns to Dr Phillips Center Dec 12-17, 2017 - December 3, 2017