A lot of great music coming to Orlando in August. Here are our picks for the ones you should check out:
August 03 – Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks – Amway Center
Stewart’s career has spanned five decades and Nicks’ career has spanned four. Stewart has sung many classics from “Maggie May” to the standards he’s covered in recent years. Nicks has had an amazing career both as a member of Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist. Between the two, there are so many hits, you won’t go away disappointed.
August 05 – GIGANT3S feat. Chayanne, Marco Antonio Solis & Marc Anthony – Amway Center
Marc Anthony, Marco Antonio Solis, and Chayanne are three of the biggest names in Latin music, and they’re bringing their hits to Orlando in the middle of a 14-city tour. If you like Latin pop, this is a must-see tour.
August 05 – Ted Nugent – House of Blues
As a solo artist and a member of 80s supergroup Damn Yankees, Nugent has recorded numerous hits in the last four decades. He’s one of the most popular rock guitarists alive and if you go, bring earplugs, because he likes to play extremely loud.
August 07 – Lindsey Buckingham – Plaza Live
Though best known as a member of Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham has had several solo hits, as well. This show is nearly sold out, so don’t wait to get your tickets.
August 08 – Aaron Neville – Plaza Live
Aaron Nevile has been performing since the early 60’s, and his latest CD finds him returning to his gospel roots. Neville has one of the most distinctive voices to come out of New Orleans. Opening will be Beth McKee.
August 11 – Less Than Jake – The Beacham
Gainesville natives Less Than Jake are bringing their 20th Anniversary tour to The Beacham downtown. Opening this all ages rock show are Whole Wheat Bread, The Attack, and You Blew It!
August 17 – Brian Culbertson & David Sanborn – Plaza Live
Brian Culbertson is a multi-instrumentalist who likes the funky side of jazz. David Sanborn is one of the best saxophonists and has won six Grammy Awards over his almost 40 year career. A great night of jazz is to be had at this show.
August 17 – Steve Vai – House of Blues
A master of the guitar, Vai has pushed the boundaries of the instrument for almost 30 years. He plays the fine line between technical ability and emotional playing with ease. If you love guitar, this is a show not to miss.
August 28 – Big Time Rush – Amway Center
If you have a teen girl who watches Nickelodeon, chances are she’s a fan of BTR. The quartet is huge with teens and kids, and tickets are very pocket friendly priced. Australian pop star Cody Simpson will open the show.
August 28 – Kenny Wayne Shepherd – House of Blues
He met Stevie Ray Vaughan when he was seven, and ever since, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has been one of the best blues rock guitarists of his generation. He can go from traditional blues to more melodic rock without missing a beat.
- Disney to Live Stream ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 29 - June 28, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017