As far as Orlando cultural events go, the annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival is one of the city’s biggest. Voted “Best Festival” by the Orlando Weekly for nine consecutive years, the 2012 Festival showcases over 500 theatrical performances over a thirteen-day period, throughout ten indoor venues at Loch Haven Park.
This year’s event, which marks its 21st year, takes place from May 16 through 28.
To attend any of the performances, you must first purchase an $8 fest button. Proceeds from these buttons are what fund the festival.
Then you can attend the actual performances, which range in price from free to $11. Any money raised by individual tickets goes to the artists performing that particular show.
In addition to ticketed performances at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803) and Orlando Repertory Theatre (1001 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), the Orlando Fringe Festival hosts a number of interdisciplinary activities and exhibits.
Kids Fringe, held at the Mennello Museum of American Art (900 East Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), offers free arts and theatre activities for the whole family from 10am to 4pm on the weekends. Visual Fringe is on display throughout Festival venues, and exhibit artwork is available for purchase.
Festival hours are 4pm to Midnight on weeknights, and 10am to Midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Tickets for Festival performances can be purchased at www.OrlandoFringe.org, or during the Festival at Box Office locations in the Lowndes Shakespeare Center and the Orlando Repertory Theatre.
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ From Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dec 4, 2017 - December 4, 2017
- Book of Mormon Returns to Dr Phillips Center Dec 12-17, 2017 - December 3, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Hosts An Evening with Anna Deavere Smith Dec 10, 2017 - December 2, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for December 2017 - November 30, 2017
- 2017 Epcot Candlelight Processional Narrators At Walt Disney World - November 23, 2017
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017