As far as Orlando cultural events go, the annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival is one of the city’s biggest. Voted “Best Festival” by the Orlando Weekly for nine consecutive years, the 2012 Festival showcases over 500 theatrical performances over a thirteen-day period, throughout ten indoor venues at Loch Haven Park.
This year’s event, which marks its 21st year, takes place from May 16 through 28.
To attend any of the performances, you must first purchase an $8 fest button. Proceeds from these buttons are what fund the festival.
Then you can attend the actual performances, which range in price from free to $11. Any money raised by individual tickets goes to the artists performing that particular show.
In addition to ticketed performances at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803) and Orlando Repertory Theatre (1001 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), the Orlando Fringe Festival hosts a number of interdisciplinary activities and exhibits.
Kids Fringe, held at the Mennello Museum of American Art (900 East Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), offers free arts and theatre activities for the whole family from 10am to 4pm on the weekends. Visual Fringe is on display throughout Festival venues, and exhibit artwork is available for purchase.
Festival hours are 4pm to Midnight on weeknights, and 10am to Midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Tickets for Festival performances can be purchased at www.OrlandoFringe.org, or during the Festival at Box Office locations in the Lowndes Shakespeare Center and the Orlando Repertory Theatre.
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017
- Out and About: Main Event at Pointe Orlando Offers Great Fun and Food for Everyone - March 10, 2017
- Universal Orlando Reveals Story Behind New Volcano Bay Waterpark - March 9, 2017