Here’s some of our picks for shows not to miss at Plaza Live for April 2012:
April 6 – Pink Martini – $28.50 and up
From jazz to classical to pop and more, Pink Martini loves to explore the boundaries of music. They’ve collaborated with a roster that includes such diverse talent as Carol Channing and DJ DIMItri from Paris, and it’s not unusual to see more than a dozen musicians onstage at any point in time. They’ve been known to sell out Carnegie Hall, so here’s your chance to see them in a more intimate venue.
April 11 – Tower of Power – $26.50 and up
They formed in Oakland, California, in 1968, and spent the early 70s releasing a string of hits. They’ve also performed on hits from the likes of Huey Lewis, Rod Stewart, Smokey Robinson and David Sanborn. If you like classic soul and R&B, this is the show to catch.
April 13 – Jimmie Vaughan – $20 advance/$22 day of
Vaughan is a well respected and well loved bluesman, who, on his own and as a member of bands like the Fabulous Thunderbirds, has recorded a legacy of great music. On his newest release, Blues, Ballads and Favorites, Vaughan has covered tunes he loves that were written by others. It’s his first CD in nearly nine years and he says, ““I just wanted to do these songs and that was it, really. And like all of my albums this one is 100% totally selfish. I want people to like what I do but at the same time I have this strong feeling that if I don’t like it, I can’t expect them to.”
April 20 – Rick Springfield – $45 and up
Rick Springfield is a multi-hyphen entertainer whose resume includes actor and author. But music has always been his first love and he has a string of hits to prove it. Songs such as “Jessie’s Girl” and “I’ve Done Everything for You” are still radio staples, even more than 30 years after their release. Don’t miss this chance to see Rick perform live – he always puts on a great show.
April 27 – Chris Burns – $15 gen admission/$20 admission + CD
This show is a CD release party for Orlando’s own Chris Burns. This singer-songwriter has spent the last two years writing and recording his newest release, Out of the Well, so come on out and celebrate its release. $20 preferred tickets even get you a copy of the CD – that’s a deal!
For more information on these and other upcoming shows, visit plazaliveorlando.com. Plaza Live is located at 425 N. Bumby Ave. in Orlando.
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017
- Out and About: Main Event at Pointe Orlando Offers Great Fun and Food for Everyone - March 10, 2017
- Universal Orlando Reveals Story Behind New Volcano Bay Waterpark - March 9, 2017