The first time I heard of Ryan Star, he was a contestant on the reality music competition TV show, Rock Star: Supernova. He didn’t make the cut, but the exposure was enough to get him a record contract anyways.
The four-song Last Train Home EP was released on Atlantic Records in June 2009. A little over a year later, the label released the full-length 11:59.
The first single, “Breathe,” featured a video full of real out-of-work people. A companion website, breathe4jobs.com, was established by Star to help employers contact those people and one of the video’s unemployed actually did find a job.
Currently on tour with the Goo Goo Dolls, Star is using a day off to come play in Orlando. He’ll be appearing at the Plaza Live this Friday, November 4. with opening act Leaving Haven.
Tickets are $15 at the door.
If you’d like a taste of Ryan Star before the show, here is his video for “Breathe.”
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017