The first time I heard of Ryan Star, he was a contestant on the reality music competition TV show, Rock Star: Supernova. He didn’t make the cut, but the exposure was enough to get him a record contract anyways.
The four-song Last Train Home EP was released on Atlantic Records in June 2009. A little over a year later, the label released the full-length 11:59.
The first single, “Breathe,” featured a video full of real out-of-work people. A companion website, breathe4jobs.com, was established by Star to help employers contact those people and one of the video’s unemployed actually did find a job.
Currently on tour with the Goo Goo Dolls, Star is using a day off to come play in Orlando. He’ll be appearing at the Plaza Live this Friday, November 4. with opening act Leaving Haven.
Tickets are $15 at the door.
If you’d like a taste of Ryan Star before the show, here is his video for “Breathe.”
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017