The first time I heard of Ryan Star, he was a contestant on the reality music competition TV show, Rock Star: Supernova. He didn’t make the cut, but the exposure was enough to get him a record contract anyways.
The four-song Last Train Home EP was released on Atlantic Records in June 2009. A little over a year later, the label released the full-length 11:59.
The first single, “Breathe,” featured a video full of real out-of-work people. A companion website, breathe4jobs.com, was established by Star to help employers contact those people and one of the video’s unemployed actually did find a job.
Currently on tour with the Goo Goo Dolls, Star is using a day off to come play in Orlando. He’ll be appearing at the Plaza Live this Friday, November 4. with opening act Leaving Haven.
Tickets are $15 at the door.
If you’d like a taste of Ryan Star before the show, here is his video for “Breathe.”
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017