The first time I heard of Ryan Star, he was a contestant on the reality music competition TV show, Rock Star: Supernova. He didn’t make the cut, but the exposure was enough to get him a record contract anyways.
The four-song Last Train Home EP was released on Atlantic Records in June 2009. A little over a year later, the label released the full-length 11:59.
The first single, “Breathe,” featured a video full of real out-of-work people. A companion website, breathe4jobs.com, was established by Star to help employers contact those people and one of the video’s unemployed actually did find a job.
Currently on tour with the Goo Goo Dolls, Star is using a day off to come play in Orlando. He’ll be appearing at the Plaza Live this Friday, November 4. with opening act Leaving Haven.
Tickets are $15 at the door.
If you’d like a taste of Ryan Star before the show, here is his video for “Breathe.”
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017