This Saturday is a great day to take the family to the Orlando Science Center. Not only will the OSC have a special event centering on an eco-friendly lifestyle, but admission will be just $5 all day.
Greenoventions, presented by OUC in collaboration with the OSC, will feature eco-friendly activities for the whole family exploring renewable energy, recycling, and energy efficient technology. Adults will also be able to participate in live demonstrations of Segways and electric vehicles like the Chevy Volt and the Nissan Leaf.
Films with a conservation message will be playing at the Dr. Phillips CineDome all day and The Garbage Men, a group of teens who play instruments created with recycled objects like cereal boxes and garbage cans, will have several performances throughout the afternoon.
This is all in addition to the OSC regular displays and exhibits.
Greenovations runs this Saturday, October 15, 2011, from 10am to 5pm. Admission is $5 for all ages (normally $17 for adults), and parking in the garage will set you back another $5 per vehicle. For more information, check out the Orlando Science Center website.
- Timucua Arts Foundation to Present Latin Jazz Nights Series Including Nestor Torres Show - January 23, 2018
- Aquatica Orlando Offers Ray Rush Construction Update - January 23, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces New Annual Pass Options #BuiltForKids - January 22, 2018
- Holy Land Experience To Offer Free Admission January 25, 2018 - January 22, 2018
- ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ Returns to Universal Orlando January 26-28, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018