Discovery Cove is a really unique park in Orlando in that you get to have real interaction with a lot of marine animals. You don’t just get to look in the tank, or maybe stick a hand in. You suit up and actually get to be in the water with the marine life yourself.
This week, on Friday, June 10, Discovery Cove opens up a new section, called The Grand Reef. You can wade in the shallows, snorkle deeper to see the fish or you can actually be under the water.
In a new experience to the park, guests can take park in SeaVenture, an underwater walking tour. Guests will wear dive helmets so they can walk along the deep bottom, encountering schools of fish, rays and even see lionfish and sharks (behind massive panoramic windows). Participants do not need to be scuba certified.
If you’ve never been to Discovery Cove. it’s a full-day experience where you can swim with marine life, hand-feed exotic birds, snorkle or just relax on the beach surrounding the lagoons. I’ve done it, and it’s so much fun!
Florida resident rates for a day at Discovery Cove start at $199, and includes your meals, snacks and beverages, wet suit rental and swim/snorkle gear. The price also includes a 14-day unlimited pass to Sea World, Aquatica or Busch Gardens Tampa (it must be used in conjunction with the Discovery Cove admission), and a swim experience with the dolphins.
For $50 more, you can upgrade that 14-day pass to include all three extra parks. There are also discounts for children and for visits without the dolphin interaction.
Add the new Grand Reef SeaVenture to any package for an additional $59.
For more information, or to purchase a day at the park, visit the Discovery Cove website.
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017