Discovery Cove is a really unique park in Orlando in that you get to have real interaction with a lot of marine animals. You don’t just get to look in the tank, or maybe stick a hand in. You suit up and actually get to be in the water with the marine life yourself.
This week, on Friday, June 10, Discovery Cove opens up a new section, called The Grand Reef. You can wade in the shallows, snorkle deeper to see the fish or you can actually be under the water.
In a new experience to the park, guests can take park in SeaVenture, an underwater walking tour. Guests will wear dive helmets so they can walk along the deep bottom, encountering schools of fish, rays and even see lionfish and sharks (behind massive panoramic windows). Participants do not need to be scuba certified.
If you’ve never been to Discovery Cove. it’s a full-day experience where you can swim with marine life, hand-feed exotic birds, snorkle or just relax on the beach surrounding the lagoons. I’ve done it, and it’s so much fun!
Florida resident rates for a day at Discovery Cove start at $199, and includes your meals, snacks and beverages, wet suit rental and swim/snorkle gear. The price also includes a 14-day unlimited pass to Sea World, Aquatica or Busch Gardens Tampa (it must be used in conjunction with the Discovery Cove admission), and a swim experience with the dolphins.
For $50 more, you can upgrade that 14-day pass to include all three extra parks. There are also discounts for children and for visits without the dolphin interaction.
Add the new Grand Reef SeaVenture to any package for an additional $59.
For more information, or to purchase a day at the park, visit the Discovery Cove website.
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando to Open Infinity Falls in Summer 2018 - April 14, 2017