Discovery Cove is a really unique park in Orlando in that you get to have real interaction with a lot of marine animals. You don’t just get to look in the tank, or maybe stick a hand in. You suit up and actually get to be in the water with the marine life yourself.
This week, on Friday, June 10, Discovery Cove opens up a new section, called The Grand Reef. You can wade in the shallows, snorkle deeper to see the fish or you can actually be under the water.
In a new experience to the park, guests can take park in SeaVenture, an underwater walking tour. Guests will wear dive helmets so they can walk along the deep bottom, encountering schools of fish, rays and even see lionfish and sharks (behind massive panoramic windows). Participants do not need to be scuba certified.
If you’ve never been to Discovery Cove. it’s a full-day experience where you can swim with marine life, hand-feed exotic birds, snorkle or just relax on the beach surrounding the lagoons. I’ve done it, and it’s so much fun!
Florida resident rates for a day at Discovery Cove start at $199, and includes your meals, snacks and beverages, wet suit rental and swim/snorkle gear. The price also includes a 14-day unlimited pass to Sea World, Aquatica or Busch Gardens Tampa (it must be used in conjunction with the Discovery Cove admission), and a swim experience with the dolphins.
For $50 more, you can upgrade that 14-day pass to include all three extra parks. There are also discounts for children and for visits without the dolphin interaction.
Add the new Grand Reef SeaVenture to any package for an additional $59.
For more information, or to purchase a day at the park, visit the Discovery Cove website.
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017
- D23: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - July 18, 2017