Discovery Cove is a really unique park in Orlando in that you get to have real interaction with a lot of marine animals. You don’t just get to look in the tank, or maybe stick a hand in. You suit up and actually get to be in the water with the marine life yourself.
This week, on Friday, June 10, Discovery Cove opens up a new section, called The Grand Reef. You can wade in the shallows, snorkle deeper to see the fish or you can actually be under the water.
In a new experience to the park, guests can take park in SeaVenture, an underwater walking tour. Guests will wear dive helmets so they can walk along the deep bottom, encountering schools of fish, rays and even see lionfish and sharks (behind massive panoramic windows). Participants do not need to be scuba certified.
If you’ve never been to Discovery Cove. it’s a full-day experience where you can swim with marine life, hand-feed exotic birds, snorkle or just relax on the beach surrounding the lagoons. I’ve done it, and it’s so much fun!
Florida resident rates for a day at Discovery Cove start at $199, and includes your meals, snacks and beverages, wet suit rental and swim/snorkle gear. The price also includes a 14-day unlimited pass to Sea World, Aquatica or Busch Gardens Tampa (it must be used in conjunction with the Discovery Cove admission), and a swim experience with the dolphins.
For $50 more, you can upgrade that 14-day pass to include all three extra parks. There are also discounts for children and for visits without the dolphin interaction.
Add the new Grand Reef SeaVenture to any package for an additional $59.
For more information, or to purchase a day at the park, visit the Discovery Cove website.
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Returns Rescued Manatees to Natural Habitat this Week - January 13, 2018
- UCF School of Performing Arts Releases List of Jan-April 2018 Events #artsatUCF - January 12, 2018